Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

PERFECT Suspension???

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 01:55 PM
Default PERFECT Suspension???

i am in need of help, i am looking for the perfect suspension. (2008 SI)

i was thinking either the Tein SS full coil over kit, or the Tein "Flex" coil over kit., please vote and let me know what you think.

i am also going to get the controller for inside the car where you can adjust the suspension to preset modes without turning a wrench. good idea? bad idea? any discrepancies?

basically i am looking for the best suspension for my car. i want to be able to corner on rails!!! if you don't think EITHER of these suspension kits are the BEST ONE, please do me the favor and write me on this post and let me know what you think is better. i am in my research phase right now and have heard many good things about tons of brands and i really need the help now of others to finalize this decision. i haven't ever purchased a suspension kit for a Honda, so i have NO IDEA what is the BEST!!

ALSO WHEN IT COMES TO THIS CAR, MONEY IS NO OPTION, I JUST WANT THE BEST FOR IT, SO ALL SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME AND APPRECIATED.

i was also going to get the megan racing rear lower tie bar, and the front H-brace.

if i install the H-brace, can i still add on the front lower tie bar? thanks in advance for all your help. i want to start buying this stuff asap so come march i can put it all on. thanks

Old 01-12-2008, 02:42 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: PERFECT Suspension???

well no such thing as the PERFECT suspension.... they realy need to be talored to your preference.

tho those do sound preaty good with remote strut.... but the spring rates dont change....

Old 01-12-2008, 03:12 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Fly Rye

i am in need of help, i am looking for the perfect suspension. (2008 SI)

i was thinking either the Tein SS full coil over kit, or the Tein "Flex" coil over kit., please vote and let me know what you think.

i am also going to get the controller for inside the car where you can adjust the suspension to preset modes without turning a wrench. good idea? bad idea? any discrepancies?

basically i am looking for the best suspension for my car. i want to be able to corner on rails!!! if you don't think EITHER of these suspension kits are the BEST ONE, please do me the favor and write me on this post and let me know what you think is better. i am in my research phase right now and have heard many good things about tons of brands and i really need the help now of others to finalize this decision. i haven't ever purchased a suspension kit for a Honda, so i have NO IDEA what is the BEST!!

ALSO WHEN IT COMES TO THIS CAR, MONEY IS NO OPTION, I JUST WANT THE BEST FOR IT, SO ALL SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME AND APPRECIATED.

i was also going to get the megan racing rear lower tie bar, and the front H-brace.

if i install the H-brace, can i still add on the front lower tie bar? thanks in advance for all your help. i want to start buying this stuff asap so come march i can put it all on. thanks
If you want good suspension...B-Pillar bar, 22mm sway bar, SS FULL coilover by Tein, front lower tie bar, H-brace, Lower rear tie bar. You can indeed get all three. I didnt get the front tie bar, but I got the H and rear in Red. Still waiting for them to come to my house...Megans computers supposedly crashed, but im not buying that old scam. So if it doesnt get here by Tuesday, we are gonna have some problems with Megan racing. I recommend going to Corsport Inc for all your shopping. Free shipping, low prices, ships to your house within 3 days usually, fast shipping, and good customer service. http://www.corsportusa.com/store/cat...49e7a6dd1e7a23- Just cycle through all 7 or 8 pages to get everything for our model. Goodluck

Old 01-12-2008, 08:19 PM

what will u be using the car for? drag? autox? road race? spirited daily driver? theres no such thing as a perfect setup. it takes years and lots of trial and error to get something even remotely close. i kno because im already on my second setup in 2 years and will be rebuilding again later this year. i see it all the time with fellow racers tweaking their setups constantly trying to get what they need.

those products u mentioned are good, the Flex being the better choice for "riding on rails" due to higher spring rates and match valving. BUT, due to their rear spring rates being almost half than the front, u'll understeer quite a bit. the best bet would be to find a custom setup. find a company that will allow for custom spring rates and u'll want the rear spring rates to be fairly high to get the car to rotate. i dont know whats out there on the market for 8th gen civics so i cant recommened anything but do search around for customized setups.