Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Rear Wheel Disc Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 09:30 AM
Default Rear Wheel Disc Conversion

Ok let first start off by saying... YIPEEE!!!!!!!

Ok I finaly went to a junkyayd and found an excelent deal on the whole rear end assembly. WITH SWAY BAR!!!! 250 for everything and all the little nuts and bolts and the E-brake cable! I went shopping around just about everyone wanted 300 for just the lower control arms and the trailing arms and the brake assembly. no e-brake cable. I finaly stopped at this one guy at like 5:45 as he was closing the front gate. I asked him and he knew exactly what I was talking about. some of the other guys were like "only the SI comes with rear disc", or "you can't do it because of the ABS lines on the donor car". STFU!!! Talk about a bunch of morons. I started telling the guy what parts I needed, and he was like "OH! your going to do a conversion!" so I said yeah, exactly. So how much do you think for all that. He said 250 with the e-brake cable, and he said the one that he has, he thinks has the rear sway bar. So I said I would call back tommorrow. I called back and he said yeah he had all the parts and the sway. So I went and checked it out all the parts looked good besides the rusted rotors (that were going to be replaced regardless) I said everything looked good left him a 50 dollar deposit and said here's 20 bucks by your guys working on my car some lunch and drinks. He was very gratefull as were the guys that were going to work on my car. So today I get to go back and pick up all the parts and get started on my conversion. Do you guys feel that.... I feel a very nice DIY coming on..... (Don't worry, I'll get plenty of pics and details including bleeding the brakes). My baby will be out of commission for a couple of weeks while I can only do this at school. I'll probably replace my front axle at the same time, being that I'll have to do an allingment after this anyways. I'm also going to paint my calipers, but I haven't decided between red or white. I wouldn't have a problem with white getting dirty because my car gets washed every tuesday and waxed once or twice a month. I do those myself. So I don't know if I should do white or not. But those are the plans for now. After that will be an oil change, then strut bars!

Old 09-08-2005, 04:25 PM
Laced with Sarcasm
Default RE: Rear Wheel Disc Conversion

YAY! Definitely post up a DIY when you're done man, i'm itching to do the same thing next spring. Congrats on the find, keep us posted!

Old 09-08-2005, 04:53 PM

my dream... i hate the looks of drums. i spent 3 hours last week sand blasting and painting my drums black because someone who owned my car before me sprayed em silver.

Old 09-08-2005, 07:51 PM

Congrats!

Old 09-08-2005, 10:14 PM
mxs
HCF Member

Nice find! What car did you get it off of?

Old 09-08-2005, 11:01 PM

I'm not sure exactly what it came off of, but it came form another EG civic with the rear sways. It was a coupe. The four doors came only in rear drum, so I had to get it off of a coupe. The guy already pulled the engine and tranny and all that other crap out of the front end so I don't know what it had. I got the parts today and took a ****load of degeaser to them and pressure washed them off. They look good. I can't wait to get this taken care of.... IT'S GOING TO BE FREAKING AWESOME! and the sway bar.... HELL YEAH! But what color for the rotors do you think(all four). It's a white car and like I said it gets washed and all tha nonsense... blah blah blah.... I'm thinking about getting some white 6 spoke rims. Later on down the line. I should do white for now huh? and then when I get the rims, I'll paint them red. Whadya think? Pics in my sig....

Old 09-09-2005, 10:20 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Well, you might want to avoid painting the rotors But i think as far as calipers are concerned, white for now, red later like you said.

Old 09-09-2005, 03:47 PM
HCF Member

that sick man,i wish i had somewere were i could do all my work to my car and have the tools , its gunna look good tho, i love the look of disks on all four..cant wate to see the DIY

Old 09-09-2005, 05:09 PM
mxs
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Super Mario

I'm not sure exactly what it came off of, but it came form another EG civic with the rear sways. It was a coupe. The four doors came only in rear drum, so I had to get it off of a coupe.
Hey now that you mention it, my brother is driving a '93 EX sedan that has the 4 wheel disc brake option.

Old 09-09-2005, 05:38 PM

Yes please post up a DIY when you get it finished, I am dying to do that conversion but don't have the slightest on how to go about it.

Quick Reply: Rear Wheel Disc Conversion