Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

which rims??

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 03:48 PM
Ped
Default which rims??

what size wheels does every1 recommend i have a 1993 civic hatch and am unsure. all comments welcome

Old 01-14-2007, 05:30 PM
Default RE: which rims??

16's.... I have 17's and I hate them.

Old 01-14-2007, 05:51 PM
mxs
HCF Member

14 or 15 or 16 depending on what your plans are

Old 01-14-2007, 07:50 PM
HCF Member

I have a coupe I just ordered 16's, if you wanna slam it to the ground later, I would suggest listening to some of these guys who have experience with it. 15's might be a better idea, and they will be cheaper, but the down side is there might be less of a selection.

Old 01-14-2007, 09:47 PM
Recognized HCF Member

i have a 92 eg hatch and love my lightweight 15's

Old 01-14-2007, 09:52 PM
HCF Member

if youre gonna be a lowroller, then get some 15s.

if youre gonna race then get something bigger.

i think you should get some 15 inch rota torques or circuit 8s. btw, some dood on here is selling his 15 inch LS meshies, which look pretty good on EGs.

Old 01-15-2007, 04:13 AM
HCF Member

I've got 14x6 D3s with 195/60 tires, and they look kind of like small donutson my stock '00 sedan. They're still much nicer than the stock steelies with the plastic covers, and while the handling isnoticeably improved because of my choice in tires, they ride very similar to stock. 15s or 16s come stock on some Civic models over the years, and they generally look much nicer...IMO. They also tend to handle better without riding too harsh or costing too much more. 17s and larger are probably better left to those who race or drive only on smooth and level surfaces. The larger the diameter of the rim,generally the lower the profile of the tire you'll be running. The lower the profile of the tire, thebetter the handling will generally be (due to less sidewall roll/deflection), and the harsher the ride andthe more subjct to damage from road hazards they'll be. Larger rims also tend to cost more. They generally weigh more as well, but the lower profile tires you'd be using with them will probably weigh less than the higher profile tires used with smaller rims, offsetting the weight difference a bit. Check out www.tirerack.com to see what your car would look like with various rims.

Old 01-15-2007, 05:07 AM
Stinky Administrator

ORIGINAL: Kommando

I've got 14x6 D3s with 195/60 tires, and they look kind of like small donutson my stock '00 sedan. They're still much nicer than the stock steelies with the plastic covers, and while the handling isnoticeably improved because of my choice in tires, they ride very similar to stock. 15s or 16s come stock on some Civic models over the years, and they generally look much nicer...IMO. They also tend to handle better without riding too harsh or costing too much more. 17s and larger are probably better left to those who race or drive only on smooth and level surfaces. The larger the diameter of the rim,generally the lower the profile of the tire you'll be running. The lower the profile of the tire, thebetter the handling will generally be (due to less sidewall roll/deflection), and the harsher the ride andthe more subjct to damage from road hazards they'll be. Larger rims also tend to cost more. They generally weigh more as well, but the lower profile tires you'd be using with them will probably weigh less than the higher profile tires used with smaller rims, offsetting the weight difference a bit. Check out www.tirerack.com to see what your car would look like with various rims.
nice post bro great info, i have a 92 hatch and i had 17's on it looked like a$$ i think 15's look the best on a hatch because the shorter wheel base and you can try www.wheelsnext.com

Old 01-15-2007, 08:25 AM
Ped

cheers 4 the responce, i think i will go the 15's route. they look good on the cars on here. riceburner700 how much is you car lowered?

Old 01-15-2007, 12:03 PM
HCF Member

mine are 15's, the ones you see in my sig.

Quick Reply: which rims??