Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

rims

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 12:30 PM
Default rims

im looking to get new rims for my 02 civic, but im on a budget (like 110$ at most per rim). anyone know good websites? ive been looking but coming up short. thanks

Old 06-06-2007, 12:33 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: rims

now is that PER RIM AND TIRE....... or just same size rims as stock so ya can use the stock tires?

Old 06-06-2007, 12:44 PM
HCF Member

Im guessing hes gonna need rim and tire. Your best bet would be to look for some nice used ones. No way your gonna get new rims and tires for 100 each.

Old 06-06-2007, 02:48 PM
HCF Member

+1!! find some used tires and rims. b/c when u buy new rims, they shoot down in value if u ever want to resell (even if its a month or a week later). u can get some nice 16"s or 15"s for under 400 bucks. if ur lucky, some 17"s

Old 06-06-2007, 03:00 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well only hard part about finding some used rims is most people that get rims are just learning to drive with rims.LOL so thiers pleanty of curbage or bent or even cracks.... i would only buy rims that you can see and inspect before buying if you realy care about looks... some small bends are ok and can be ballanced out preaty good and just slaped in the rear to hide the ride alitle....

ive looked on ebay for awhile and seen some REALY TRASHED UP RIMS... that i wouldnt use on a junk yard car!

but not to detour you... cause thier are a few GREAT BUYS out thier... hell i sold my used used rims i bought with new tires i sold them on ebay for only like 550 i think was the price... needless to say that guy got a steal! wish i didnt sell them till i got my new rims o well

Old 06-06-2007, 03:25 PM
HCF Member

well, i went to this foreign guys house (he had a thick russian accent), we was selling his "sons" rims, and he wanted 600$ for em.. they were 5 spoke aluminumamerican racing rims, he said there was a small chip, and he said 2 had good tread and 2 had sort of good tread.. i went there, holy ****!. the 2 with sort of good tread.. had the wires sticking out of the tires.. they wouldnt even be considered tires anymore.. let alone sort of good, and the small chip... was a BIG CHUNK taken out of the rim by a curb.. and the curb rash, was more of a plague than anything... i wouldnt have paid more than40 bucks for the set... and he said i was crazy.. haha

Old 06-06-2007, 03:35 PM
HCF Member

You can easily find used stock steelies and tires for under $110/each. You could find new alloys for that much too, but mounting and balancing may put you over $110/each. New steelies would probably still be under $110/each after mounting and balancing. You may even be able to find a tire/wheelpackage for under $110/each if you go with steelies.

I got 14x6 D3 alloys from www.tirerack.com for under $90/each, but I got a package that included high-performance all-season tires, mounting, balancing, road hazard, lugs, and locks. I priced it out there, and you could get 14x6 alloys with cheap 185/65-14 all-season tires, mounted and balanced,for $106/each...plus tax and shipping. Hopefully your lugnuts would be compatible and you've already got locks so they wouldn't get swiped. The cheapest 15" alloys I found in stock were $136/each forwheel/tire.

Old 06-06-2007, 07:15 PM
HCF Member

next time you are at walmart or the grocery store flip open a tuner mag and you will see the rims and tire pages and there are some in there for really cheap that don't look too bad. i know that you can get a good set of rims and tires for like 550 plus shipping! check out mags and ebay i guess

Old 06-06-2007, 08:08 PM

actually, i just recently got new tires (6 months ago, kinda recently), so im only looking for rims. not a package deal. thanks for the info!

Old 06-07-2007, 04:39 AM
Recognized HCF Member

ok so your just looken for some decent like 14s... i think those are the stock rim size... with the stock rim size i guess 100bucks per rim is ok.... but then ya still wanna factor in mounting and ballancing...

might be best to check out your local tire shop... that way ya buy thru them and wont have to pay for shiping... plus youd have somekinda of warente or free mounting/balancing....
14inch rims are actualy preaty cheap! you should have no problem staying under 100bucks per rim... just go check out your tire shop and see what they carry or can order... and see what they got that you like the style of. but if ya dont see anything from them then id look online..

Quick Reply: rims