Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Screw it ASR here I come

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 12:44 PM
HCF Member
Default Screw it ASR here I come

Ok, so originally I had just planned on getting the beaks rear sway kit for 275 dollars. Well, after not hearing from them, I emailed them asking for a tracking number and they told me that the kit is backordered till the very end of october. I emailed them back cancelling my order (btw, they withdrew the money from my account even though they can't ship for another month, and didn't tell me). Now I am going to order the ASR kit that comes with their subframe brace (which is better than the beaks one). Only thing is that it is 340 bucks. Oh well, at least their brace also acts as a lower tie bar. Anyways, I was frustrated and thought I would share. I can't order the ASR till I get my account credited back from the beaks kit. I'm pretty frustrated...looks like I might not have it by the next autocross even like I had planned.

Old 09-25-2007, 02:30 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Screw it ASR here I come

I bet your going to like that. $340 is pretty steep, but if your going to be doing some autocross, its worth it.

Old 09-25-2007, 04:28 PM
HCF Member

OK the asr kit is officially ordered...comes with
22mm rear sway
ASR subframe brace (I got it in black)
Endlinks.

Old 09-25-2007, 06:53 PM
HCF Member

nice choice. i wouldnt mind having an asr brace. oh well, i got function7 lca's and a dc sports tie bar. asr.....well worth it.

Old 09-25-2007, 07:04 PM
Cat Fuсker

dude, 340 ain't too bad for such a quality piece...join the squad before the end of the year and get a virtual cookie

Old 09-25-2007, 07:13 PM

i dunno if the swaybar will get u peeing on hydrants. i wasnt tripoding with my tokico hp's and swaybar and my friends si dosnt with tokicos hp'sand stock rear sway. uneed stiffer/shorter springs!the swaybar will make a noticable difference in handling tho. post pics when installed!

Old 09-26-2007, 06:06 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: civicexracer

i dunno if the swaybar will get u peeing on hydrants. i wasnt tripoding with my tokico hp's and swaybar and my friends si dosnt with tokicos hp'sand stock rear sway. uneed stiffer/shorter springs!the swaybar will make a noticable difference in handling tho. post pics when installed!
DANG IT! haha just kidding...baby steps I guess. But I know swaybars do make a very noticible difference, especially going from none at all to a 22 mm.

Old 09-26-2007, 06:47 PM
mxs
HCF Member

The ASR kit is cool. Unfortunately it's not legal for STS. I don't know what class you're running in though.

Old 09-26-2007, 07:00 PM

ORIGINAL: mxs

The ASR kit is cool. Unfortunately it's not legal for STS. I don't know what class you're running in though.
??? quote from rule book would help. i've seen a couple integras with the ASR kit run in STS, one guy is quite competitive. more info would be great.

and where have u been Marnie???[>:]

Old 09-26-2007, 07:09 PM
HCF Member

I've been running in STS...In my area it seems to be under debate, and SCCA forums say it's not really clearly defined for now and that most people don't have an issue with people running it since it really is for subframe reinforcement anyways. Most people I've asked say run it unless someone challenges it, and then, if must be, take it off.

Quick Reply: Screw it ASR here I come