Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

shock tower strut bars

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2005, 04:07 PM
Default shock tower strut bars

I read every post at least a couple times to get some idea about how you guys work your suspension. I have to do things one at a time (due to $$$) but put a megan rear tower bar on my civic dx. I still don't know how it works, but the difference in cornering is better. now my question for you guys is which should I do next, like I said I have to do it one at a time, a front upper shock bar, or rear lower next? It may take a year or so but I'd like to tune my suspension the best I can. any advice on which steps, and what order?
thanks.
PS I dig this site.

Old 02-10-2005, 04:16 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: shock tower strut bars

The strut bar reduces flex in the chassy thus reduces body roll. I would slap one in the front next. After that go out an get some sway bars... thats what im about to do to mine. After the sway bars, your ll civic will out handle a bimmer. well, maybe not an M3 or M5, nevertheless, out handle an average bimmer. Here are instructions from my man XC on his website... I think he putting instructions on the rear up soon which I did.

www.dincoinc.com/civic/index.htm