Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

silly coilover quesiton

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2005, 08:20 AM
HCF Member
Default silly coilover quesiton

my car came with some nuespeed race springs on stock shocks and the ride is terrible. i was gonna put some cheap coilovers on just to raise it up some to get me around till i really spend some money for some real parts. anyway i was putting the rear ones on and i dont like how the sleeve fits. it barely sits on like half of the cup at the bottom of the shock. what does everyone do about that? i have searched all over for something about it but it seems like everyone that pits pics up of their installs always shows the front. the front is easy, but i ned the rear

Old 02-19-2005, 07:57 PM
Default RE: silly coilover quesiton

i would have jus got some good struts like kyb's cause the coilovers will give the worst ride ever. im tryin to remember my coilovers and they didn't really fit to good on the back but when you drop it and the strut goes down your good.

Old 02-22-2005, 07:13 PM
HCF Member

well, i was trying them on an 88 crx rear shock before tearing my car appart only to find it wouldnt work. i finally put them on today and they went on great. the cup on the civic is slightly larger than the one on the crx so it went together just fine and the ride is way better than those neuspeed springs on stock shocks. i put the coilovers on stock shocks and it isnt near as bad as i expected

Old 02-28-2005, 12:03 AM

as far as cheap coilovers offering a terrible ride, in my opinion thats bs. just today i changed my suspension from H&R race springs to $50 ebay coilovers and i have to tell you. those cheap coilovers offered a much smoother ride than the H&R's while still keeping minimum body roll through corners and allowing you to pick you height, which is especially nice for me since i live in minnesota and can raise the car up for winter.

Old 02-28-2005, 05:59 PM

maybe its cause i had my coilovers slammed scrapin asphalt and such...

Old 02-28-2005, 06:13 PM
HCF Member

that will do it. the 1st time i had them i had them set all the way down and it sucked. but up at a normal height is nice

Old 03-01-2005, 08:34 PM

ok guys i pondered this question for months and months after buying some r1 cheapo coilovers from ebay, i dopped them all the way down and threw them on, need less to say the car is at a great florida hieght but those sleeves on the back, the ones i realized wouldnt fit in the coils, yeah they um, i dont know where they are but i dont thing theyre being used for sleeves on shocks.......ride is good, at high speed *** end of the crx slides a little in hard cornering, but acceleration pulls it out, and hole shot reaction is so much better, i just hate I-4 underconstruction, car bottoms out and alot of wheel rubbinat 90mph sux

Old 03-09-2005, 09:35 AM

Whatever you do dont get any cheap coilover. You think your ride is terrible now wait till you put on some cheap coilover you will think you have hydrolics.

Old 03-09-2005, 06:20 PM
HCF Member

i took the nuespeed springs off and put on some cheap coilovers. i guess after a couple posts people stop reading. anyway the ride is great, but it would be a little nicer with some performance shocks. that will be later. i have other more important things to take care of for now

Old 03-09-2005, 09:19 PM

Whatever you do dont get any cheap coilover. You think your ride is terrible now wait till you put on some cheap coilover you will think you have hydrolics.
are you talking out of experience or out of your ***? my $50 coilovers give a smoother ride than stock, even on bumpy roads or the freeway

Quick Reply: silly coilover quesiton