Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Skunk 2 .. Sport, or Pro coilover kit??

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 11:21 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by bigolsackapoo
I have skunk 2 coilovers, and my ride sucks a$$. Its terribly stiff. Well of course I have kyb agx shocks with them. If I hit a crack in the road it feels like hitting a freakin speed bump. But I guess it does have f'n awesome handling. So if you don't mind riding like a go-cart, go with the pro's.
I think he was talking about full coilovers not just sleeves

Old 09-29-2008, 11:14 AM

ya i was meaning the fully skunk 2 coilover kit with shocks and coilover springs.. thanks for the advice guys i guess im goin with sport.... ill post some pics when its all done..

Old 09-29-2008, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Amann581
ya i was meaning the fully skunk 2 coilover kit with shocks and coilover springs
oh, man... that's gonna be nice
good luck on the install

Old 09-29-2008, 12:52 PM
HCF Member

That's actually going to be the exact same setup I'm going to be using. Also surprisingly they're not that expensive for the full coilover setup. It's about 680 before tax from a local store for me. I figure that's not bad for a full coilover setup, and it's name brand.

Old 10-01-2008, 07:28 AM
HCF Member

i would recommend some tokcio shocks & springs. they are adjustable wich are perfect, and they are sport not pros..pro's will give your ride a much stiffer and racing feel. you will be much closer to the ground and you will feel the wheel traction of the car with the Pro's alot more!. deffinatelty recommend adjustable shocks, springs instead of coilovers, >>(there are some advantages and dis-advantages), and strut bars(both front and back)

Old 10-01-2008, 03:55 PM
HCF Member

Whats the pros of adjustable shocks ?, and where would you adjust them I personally dindt know you could get adjustable shocks. Also i think you meant tokico.

Old 10-01-2008, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by xsteinbachx
Whats the pros of adjustable shocks ?, and where would you adjust them I personally dindt know you could get adjustable shocks. Also i think you meant tokico.
they're adjustable in regards to stiffness. There are 4 settings, from soft to hard. I recommend KYB AGX's for this. The Tokico Illuminas are notorious for having the adjustment screw snap off.

Old 10-01-2008, 05:18 PM
HCF Member

Ahhhhh, Hmm I'd prefer to adjust my ride height personally since we have we have winter where I am. Also I'm looking forward to that stiff ride.

Old 10-01-2008, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by xsteinbachx
Ahhhhh, Hmm I'd prefer to adjust my ride height personally since we have we have winter where I am. Also I'm looking forward to that stiff ride.
True. Make sure you're getting an alignment every time you adjust the ride height at all. Most shops offer "lifetime alignment" and charge you like $125 and you get free alignments on that car as much as you need them. I recommend that if you're gonna be changing the ride height twice a year due to the seasons.

You know, you can just get coilover sleeves and some adjustable shocks. That way, you can adjust the stiffness of the shock, and also the ride height.
That might be nice, because then for a smooth ride you can just turn the shocks down all the way. (still won't be as smooth a ride as springs though)

You think you want it stiff, but really you won't. My setup is pretty stiff (if i set it any softer my tires will hit the top of the wheelwell going over bumps. my car doesn't look that low but when you put 2 people in it, the car is like a lowrider) and driving over small flaws in the road is hell.

Old 10-01-2008, 10:47 PM
HCF Member

Hmm I'll have to do more research. Thanks for the Info it's very appreciated. Just curious what kind of drop do you have with your springs?

Quick Reply: Skunk 2 .. Sport, or Pro coilover kit??