Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

skunk2 springs

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 01:28 AM
HCF Member
Default skunk2 springs

so here is the deal. i baught these skunk2 springs off ebay the other day and they came today. when i was buying them the description said they fit 92 to 00 civics. well when i got them and was looking at the applications they say they are ment for 92 to 95 civics. well here is the question. well these springs fit my car even though my car is a 96? and yea i ordered the camber kit and will be ordering tokico hp next week.

Old 09-28-2006, 06:33 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: skunk2 springs

go to the manufacturers application chart.

if that doesn't work. call the manufacturer.

i heard ground control has great technical support.

Old 09-28-2006, 08:05 AM
HCF Member

thanks but that really doesn't answer my quesiton.

Old 09-28-2006, 09:24 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

I'm 95% sure they will fit just fine. A lot of suspension components are 92-00 Compatible

Old 09-28-2006, 11:16 AM
HCF Member

thanks alot forty04 for that answer...

Old 09-28-2006, 04:18 PM
HCF Member

they will work.

Old 09-28-2006, 05:37 PM
mxs
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Forty04

I'm 95% sure they will fit just fine. A lot of suspension components are 92-00 Compatible
basically everything is, and also interchangeable with 94+ integras

Old 09-29-2006, 08:44 AM
HCF Member

thanks for your input everyone. i will also post pics of before and after if anyone is interested on seeing how it turns out.

Old 10-09-2006, 11:48 AM
HCF Member

Whats up people I finish the car over the week end i am just giving a project report. started sunday 9 in the morning didn't finish till about 4 in the afternoon. The process was time consuming and challenging changing out the front and rear cambers shocks and springs with just minnor tools and stuff. but it got done. lol, car drove horrible after i put everything back on it. mainly because i didnt have the car alighned as of yet. becasue it was sunday i got to the shop as they were clossing and gave the dude ten dollars so that he could just make the front driveable until i got it to tire kingdome in the morning.

side note: didn't get a chance to take alot of pics as i was working on the car wasn't really worried about it at the time. just trying to get the car off the jacks.

___things to think about. that i found out too late but couldn't really do anything about.___
1. when your choosing your front camber kits. if you don't want to go through the hassel of going to the shop and having them take out the ball joint (which you would have to do) out of your old ones. don't get the cheap ones. that they sell on ebay for $70 spend the extra 60 or so and get the skunk2 or omies or whatever. from my opinion though if your balljoints are in good condition then you will kinda save money and have a stronger product when its all put toghter. (the shop won't put your old joints on the new product mainly because its a liability for them) you can always try to bribe one of the people there.

2. get the compressors.... people say you don't need them. but you kinda do when the springs and shock unit is off the car. its like 30 or 40 dollars to rent. and you will get your money back.

all in all the skunk2 and tokico hp ride nicely on the coupe a little boncey but i ain't planing on running it or anything so it works alright for me. if you dont mind a ride thats a little boncy then the skunk2 works.
Picture before drop and rims
Name:  beforerimsanddrop.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  30.5 KB

Picture after rims
Name:  afterrims.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  27.8 KB

here is a pic of my coupe and my boys hatch right after we worked on my car.
Name:  car017.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  69.2 KB

I will get more pics after i get the car washed and waxed.

thanks again for all of your help and input.

Old 10-09-2006, 11:52 AM
HCF Member

One more quesiton how do you roll your finder???

Quick Reply: skunk2 springs