Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

So tell me about TEIN H springs

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 05:45 PM
HCF Member
Default So tell me about TEIN H springs

anyone have them them civic 01 coupe?
I recently got 17 inch rims and I've noticed a decrease in comfort - meaning I feel a lot more stuff on the road now, will these springs - lowering my car by an inch or so cause me to feel even more stuff? I do admit I like a smooth comfortable ride but I hate to see the gap between my wheel/car
I don't care much about handling as I'm certainly not a racer.

Any problems like short ram sucking in water? Big puddles a factor? Speed bumps? Dips?
How many inches is clearance to the ground without any lip kits or side skirts.
Thanks for your time

Old 07-23-2007, 06:00 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: So tell me about TEIN H springs

"Any problems like short ram sucking in water? Big puddles a factor? Speed bumps? Dips? "
You wont have any of these problems but you will feel the road a little bit more.

TEIN H-TECH Performance Lowering Springs
TEIN HIGH TECH springs utilize the latest spring and material technology to optimize comfort, performance, and quality. The line is produced with Vanadium (SAE6254V), which is strong, lightweight, and has properties to retain more spring stroke. TEIN H-TECH springs are designed for those seeking a slightly lowered stance while maintaining high ride quality at a reasonable price. Most vehicles will attain a 1.2 inch drop for a more attractive appearance, added performance, and excellent comfort. Includes a one year limited warranty.

Old 07-25-2007, 05:35 PM
HCF Member

do i have to get a camber kit to go with these? if so what brand thanks.
And is it really worth it to spend this money to only lower it less than an inch? Will my steering wheel be stiffer or what? Thanks

Old 07-26-2007, 08:06 AM
HCF Member

With that little of a drop, you wouldnt need a camber kit, but you need to get a alignment after you install them.

Is it worth it? Thats up to you man, how bad do you want to get rid of that wheel gap.

And the steering wont be stiffer, but in the corners there will be a little less body roll. But these springs are pretty much for a comfy ride with a lower stance, so not to much of a performance gain.

Old 07-27-2007, 05:51 AM
HCF Member

I am thinking about goin H-tech myself. I am just gonna throw a set on my 97 with the stock struts, and roll as long as I can.

They claim you can toss them on using the factory components for a good quiet normal ride with a little less gap. I know everyone will say you should upgrade your struts too, but I am just not that rich, lol..

Pretty much everyone has suggested the H-techs, since the S-tech's ride so low, almost takes some class out of the car itself.

Old 07-27-2007, 01:47 PM
HCF Member

someone explain struts and shocks to me please.
Would a camber kit help anyways or is it just a waste of money? What would be a good one to go with the H tech? thanks so much

so mills, for example how many inches is yours dropped?
Id like to know so i can better estimate if the 0.8 inch drop would make my gap look that much less noticeable. and honestly im sick of seeing it...

Old 07-27-2007, 07:59 PM
HCF Member

Go outside, and sit on your fender, then look at it, or have someone else sit on the fender and look at the gap.. it will end up looking like about 1" less gap..

1" is alot, but easier then buying camber kits and all that as well, plus no worry of rubbing or bottoming out. Thats my opinion anyway.

An easy way to describe shocks and struts are like so.. They are the air/oil operated dampeners that take impacts from the road as you drive, and help hold your tires on the road. Struts are what most hondas have, they operate underneath the spring itself. The spring and strut work together to perform as 1 system. Strut upgrades are what people talk about, like the Blues, and K-sports, etc.. They are a more expensive upgrade then springs alone, but they will usualy improve ride quality and handling where a simple spring swap most likely won't give a noticeable enhancement, other then in hard turns.

Old 07-27-2007, 08:22 PM
HCF Member

thank you so much for your reply. Handling is not really importance to me as I recently got toyo tires and they handle great - cant imagine anything else.

I was just having a hard time imagining a one inch drop - doesnt seem like its all that much but we'll have to see. So I'm pretty set on getting the H springs now but still very unsure if I should do anything about the factory shocks and camber kit. I am low on cash but i'll just wait a little longer if I really need new shocks/camber kit to avoid extra wear and tear.

thanks again

pictures of em2 coupes with the tein H dropped would be nice!

Old 07-28-2007, 05:06 AM
HCF Member

I was unsure myself of the 1" drop, but I think you would be surprised at how good they will look. It won't be "slammed" per say, like some of the guys on HCF, but it will have less gap, while still maintaining a little wiggle room for hard driving. I am going to do the H-techs myself, and if i dont like them, order some struts and the s-techs later.

If you just use the H-techs, you don't really need a camber kit, just an alignment at a local tire/wheel store. If you go wtih the s-techs though, i would probably suggest upgrading the whole system, struts and springs, plus a camber kit. Some of these guys know more then i do, but most suggest you go ahead and upgrade it all if you go all out.

H-techs would be a nice temporary mod anyway, till funds are plentiful for a more aggressive mod.

Old 07-28-2007, 09:36 AM
HCF Member

thanks again, but I keep getting different advice and thats why I am a little hesitant.
The guy at the shop insists that I get a camber kit (he isnt on commission) but then again his car is exactly like mine - though he says he's unsure which teins he bought.
If i do get the tein H it would be forever as I'm not really looking for extremely low because there are just too many imperfections in the road where I live - including pot holes, dips, huge bumps in the road, boxes and cones from the current street construction, potential areas for huge puddles, etc,

would a camber kit on tein H for ease of mind still be okay? does a camber kit affect my handling or the feel of the car over all? and how much do they usually run for - as I have some pretty expensive wheels and hate to wear them down pretty quickly. thanks again

Quick Reply: So tell me about TEIN H springs