Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

spring-lux to Drop your car??

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 10:15 AM
HCF Member
Default spring-lux to Drop your car??

Sup everyone, I want to drop my car to about 1-2" because I had 18's (yes I bought the car like that) and the car is very high, instead of boughing expensive set some 1 told just to grab a couple of pairs of spring lux and apply them,they said just twist the lux to the level you want your car to be and your all set,

Now something about that doesn't seem right,and also I don't know much, any1 care on shining some light on this advice?

Is there any outcomes of doing this? Will any other parts be working harder now due to the springs being lowered? And will the spring damage with time because of the compressiong?

And over all,is this even a good idea????

€hanks everyone for your help and reading

Old 01-18-2009, 04:41 PM
HCF Member

Not exactually sure what you are referring to when you say "Spring Lux", but think you are talking about adjustable suspension ie: Coilovers. This would be your best bet if you wanted to adjust how low the car goes, but more expensive You could also go the less expensive route and get lowering springs.

Old 01-18-2009, 08:08 PM

just cut them or something
make sure you weld them too

alright, just kidding

just whatever you do, DON'T cut them or apply heat to them

Last edited by trustdestruction; 01-18-2009 at 08:37 PM.
Old 01-18-2009, 08:09 PM
Angry Admin

no
dont cut them sorry stu cant have him taking it seriously

Old 01-18-2009, 08:09 PM
Super Cereal Admin

*slowly backs out of the thread*

Not sure if srs...

Old 01-18-2009, 08:35 PM
HCF Member

Were starting this here to i see...............

Old 01-19-2009, 04:38 AM
HCF Member

hahaha gotcha no cutting,or heat (my cousin did that 1, very funny how 1 side is lower then the other) but these spring lock are these metal clamps and you wrap around the spring to basically compress the spring toi remove them,ill try and get a link (on my phone,g1 babe! lol) and post it up

Old 01-19-2009, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by madjoker14
hahaha gotcha no cutting,or heat (my cousin did that 1, very funny how 1 side is lower then the other) but these spring lock are these metal clamps and you wrap around the spring to basically compress the spring toi remove them,ill try and get a link (on my phone,g1 babe! lol) and post it up
Oh, that.
Don't do that.

Old 01-19-2009, 11:18 AM
HCF Member

really? y's that?

uneven drop, cause stress on certin parts, wear out the springs faster?

Old 01-19-2009, 11:34 AM

When the springs compress under normal use like they are suppose to, it will leave the spring-compressors too long for the section of the spring they are clamped to and they will fall off and/or rattle. That is, if we're talking about the same thing.

Either way though, there's a right way to lower a car and there's a wrong way. This is the wrong way. Anytime you lower the car on stock springs it's the wrong way and you're just asking for trouble.

Buy some Tein S-tech springs or something and some new shocks (ones that can handle the drop). You'll be happier with new springs/shocks anyway, due to better handling than stock. It knocks out two birds with one stone... looks, and handling.

Quick Reply: spring-lux to Drop your car??