Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

strut bars and h-brace

Old 08-09-2005, 04:48 PM
Default strut bars and h-brace

i have a stock suspension and i was wondering if a front strut bar and a rear upper and lower strut bar and an h-brace would give me better performance....

im looking for something cheap and easy to install that will help out with suspension...any suggestions would be nice

thanks

Old 08-09-2005, 05:17 PM
Cat Fuсker
Default RE: strut bars and h-brace

You should notice some improvements with these...however IMO lower tie bars and sways would be better

Old 08-10-2005, 08:26 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

a full set up strut bars will really pull things together. That was the first mod i did to my car and i love them.

Old 08-10-2005, 09:47 AM

Go for it!

Old 08-10-2005, 04:53 PM

yea i like my strut bar....it nice haha

Old 08-10-2005, 10:23 PM

how hard is it to install all the strut bars? (rear upper strut, front upper strut, rear upper strut....and h-brace)

Old 08-11-2005, 10:33 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

assuming you mean rear upper and lower, and front upper and lower here ya go... The one under the hood is cake, just make sure you have a torque wrench and torque the bolts to spec. The trunk, same story, only theres a little carpet cutting to be done, no biggie at all. Rear lower is a little harder, as these bolts are a lot bigger. The front lower, is a pain in the ***. I had to rebore the brackets on mine to fit, cause the one i got didnt fit the bolts down there. With most kits designed for your vehicle, you wont have this problem, but mine were cheapies off e-bay, so a "perfect fit" was a long shot. Anyway, if you need any help along the way post up, or PM me and i'll guide you through it

Old 08-11-2005, 09:35 PM
HCF Member

impact gun would make things alot more easy if you can get to one, but you will really feel the differece when you put them on, good mod

Old 08-12-2005, 09:31 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: mill$civic

impact gun would make things alot more easy if you can get to one, but you will really feel the differece when you put them on, good mod
Don't use an impact gun...jesus christ.. Please use a Torque Wrench to make sure you're getting the EXACT torque specs. "As tight as possible" is not always good, in fact its rarely good at all..

Old 08-01-2006, 05:29 PM
Recognized HCF Member

does the rear upper strut brace realy help? or would i probably not feel it?

i just got my upper front and rear braces since it was only alittle bit more for both on ebay ya im cheap....

but i threw on the front brace realy quick and WOW shocked how much it realy helped...

BUT unfortunatly my subbox is in the way for the rear brace currently..
if ya guys think i could realy feel a difference like in the front then ill move stuff around and make it fit... and build my next box around it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: strut bars and h-brace