Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

tein s-teck installed

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 04:52 AM
Default RE: tein s-teck installed

I just ordered S-Techs, and I'm changing out what I have, which suck.

Old 01-15-2006, 11:01 AM

stechs are great. perfect drop..

Old 01-15-2006, 12:39 PM
HCF Member

hey coronakid, make a tread and post up some pics when you get them installed, this way i can add it to the rest of my links when people ask about s-techs

Old 01-15-2006, 01:39 PM

Yeah I sure will, I should have them on by next weekend, I can't wait to demo the crap thats on there and get an alignment done. I want to go with new shocks as well, but I don't want to invest in another $300 yet.
I may do one thing a month to my car, to keep it under control.
I just did the detail for Black paint under the DIY page, it turned out real well, but I need to do another couple coats of glaze.

Old 01-15-2006, 03:08 PM

you should put shocks/springs/camber kit all in at the same time. save time/money from installation and alignments, because everytime you mess w/ your suspension you'll need an alignment

Old 01-15-2006, 09:39 PM

I think I might buy the lifetime alignment, and everyone says a camber kit isn't needed with S-techs.

Old 01-15-2006, 10:27 PM

wrong. ill be the one person who says you do need it..lol. dropped 1.5, i had -2 in the back and -1 in the front. not that im dropped even more im guessing i have around -2 in the front and -2.5 in the rear..or more. the front camber kit is like 100-150 and do the washer trick in the back..save you time/money/maybe tires?

Old 01-16-2006, 04:50 PM
HCF Member

you could get a alingment and see if you do have bad camber...and get the springs too

Old 01-16-2006, 09:21 PM

My camber is ok on the front, it's the back thats negative. I think washers would fix it. My issue is, I hate the ride my current springs are giving me. I think the drop will be less with S-techs, which is A-ok actually.
I'm not sure what springs are on it, but they are blue?

Old 01-16-2006, 10:56 PM
HCF Member

I think Sprint has blue springs, but it could be from another manufacture.

I have my S-tech installed today.
I'm not quite used to it yet, because I have to keep in mind that the car is lower and I can't just drive up to an elevated parking lot without scratching the underbody or park without hitting the curb with the front bumper (so far I haven't had any of that happen yet), but it'll be cool once I get used to it.
When I turn the steering wheel all the way and turn I can hear the tire rubbing on plastic. The tires I have now are .5 inch wider than the stock ones, but were not a problem without the drop. I'll have to check later what it's rubbing on.
I have about 1 finger gap between the fender and tire and it's probabaly going to lower a little more once it's settled.
I don't have any pics yet. I'll post the pics up once I get pics taken.
The ride is not bad at all. It's noticable that the car is stiffer. There's less body roll on turns, but I'm not turning hard since I'm still driving with stock struts.
I'll need to go get an alignment to see if I need a camber kit or not.

Quick Reply: tein s-teck installed