Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Tein Stech questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 01:05 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Tein Stech questions

All right, cool. yea im only dooing a 1.5-2.0 drop so I should be fine than.. So I guess ill e getting tokico HP's and the tein S-techs. If any one has this setup please show me some pictures!!

Old 02-15-2006, 01:12 AM

i dont have that exact setup(i have gr2's) but you can look in my album and tahts the drop i got. about a 1-1.5 finger gap..very pleased w/ it.

Old 02-15-2006, 01:35 PM
HCF Member

do you guys with the 2 inch drop have any bottoming out problems? i mean do u scrape on the ground alot?

Old 02-15-2006, 03:04 PM
HCF Member

I have one more question....... IM gonna have 17's on during the summer time with low pros, will I run into any problems??

Old 02-15-2006, 07:04 PM

ORIGINAL: Honda_man

do you guys with the 2 inch drop have any bottoming out problems? i mean do u scrape on the ground alot?
no, you wont have much. i do however scrape a little over big bumps if i go too fast, and if i dip too low going out, my bumper sometimes hits. rubbing issues isnt an issue, i SOMETIMES rub a little if i turn too hard..nothing huge.

Old 02-16-2006, 02:26 AM

ORIGINAL: jonyg98civicex

By the way TorGa3iGhT, YOU RULE, thanks for your input on ALL my threads, you helped me to be more confident on buying the hp, tein s-tech setup. And thanks to everyone else who gave me input, you ALL RULE!!
haha...np...glad i could help ya out

Old 02-16-2006, 02:30 AM

I have one more question....... IM gonna have 17's on during the summer time with low pros, will I run into any problems??

naw, shouldn't run into any problems with low pro's and 17's on in the summertime. I use my 17" rims as summer tires...works fine. Only thing to keep in mind is if you go with any other tire size like 215/45/17 instead of the 205/40/17 with the s-techs, u may have rubbing issues and will need to roll the fenders.

205/40/17 is the perfect fit to not have to deal with any rubbing problems. Only drawback to those tires is you will notice the ride may be a little less on the comfort side (not anything that bothers me), but it is a big difference if you are used to riding on 14" wheels.

Just keep that in mind when u buy tires for the 17" rims =)

Old 02-16-2006, 02:31 AM

Your telling me if my camber is kinda off, I just go get an alignment and it will fix it!? Because if thats the case im not gonna spend the 300$ on a front and rear camber kit.
yeah, the camber will be slightly off with the s-techs. anything having to do with changing springs and shocks on your car will most likely throw off your alignment. It's HIGHLY suggested to bring your car in to align after you change those out. When you do they can fix the camber. As stated earlier, the shims (aka. washers) will be put in to fix teh negative camber.

It'll definately save you a lot of money goin this route instead of paying for the camber kit.

Old 02-16-2006, 02:34 AM

ORIGINAL: Honda_man

the s-techs dont have any bottoming out issues. Only problem I used to have was with my resonator. I was running a greddy sp2 cat-back exhaust, and if anyone knows about this exhaust, the resonator is huge, so it hangs real low to the ground. after lowering my car i would scrap that on half the speedbumps I went over, which eventually led to exhaust leaks in my exhaust system every couple months.

you shouldn't have a problem with scraping though. I didn't have to worry too much about scraping off driveways. if you have a body kit or lip kit, that's another story. Before adding the mugen-style front lip, i could go down most driveways fairly straight, just going slow, but once adding the lip, i realized that those driveways I'd have to go down at angles and slowly as well to avoid scraping.

but yeah, the s-techs aren't really a CRAZY drop....those have almost a 2" drop.

hope that helps!

Old 02-16-2006, 12:55 PM
HCF Member

okey dokey, btw i love ur sig.

And TorGa3iGhT, I love your car man, very nice.

Quick Reply: Tein Stech questions