Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Tire Review Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 10:41 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: **OFFICIAL** Tire Review Thread

BF Goodrich G-Force Sports (ultra high summer performance tires)

195/45/15

got them from a local tire dealer at a rediculous price about 4,000 miles ago.

considered kumhos, hankooks, michelins and goodyears, but the BF Goodrichs won out because of price and performance.

they're the tires used at skip barber's racing school. 'nuff said.

woohoo!!1

Old 12-07-2006, 06:49 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: dfdon

hankook radial k106
got them on wbay with the rims
rode for about 1000 miles great especially in the rain these puppies grip
Agreed! These tires are great! Unfortunately, sometimes a bit too much grip. They grab hold of every groove in the road. But still enjoying the ride.

Old 01-13-2007, 03:36 PM
HCF Member

brand: Sumitomo
model: HTR H4
size: (OEM replacements)175/65 14
where you bought them: Tire Rack
appx. one month
your review: These are high-performance all-season tires. $46 each.They are on a 95 Civic LX.These tires are pretty nice. Good grip in the wet and dry. Not noisy. I like the chunky side blocks. Compared to other tires I've bought from Tire Rack, Yokohama Avid T4 andDunlop SP Sport A2 Plus for an Accord, I like these for the money.I'm pulling quarter miles in the 9's now. Just kidding.

Old 01-16-2007, 11:27 AM

i have a 2004 civic ex and put yoko avs es100 in 225/45/17 and had to cut the fender to keep from rubbing in the rear. they are taking out my front fender well plastic also. that may be because i had to use a thin spacer to get my rims to clear the brembos. so i'd say a 205 maybe 215 if you stay stock diameter or smaller.

Old 02-14-2007, 03:23 PM

Falken Ziex512.

Road noise is fairly low for a performance tire, dry grip is excellent for an all-season tire, wet grip is excellent for a performance tire. As an added plus, snow traction is not a problem, I've been sporting them despite the 2 inches of ice. Granted, they're not snow tires, but they work.

Breakaway is linear and predictable, and the limits are surprisingly high.
Braking is much improved, as is high speed stability.
Wear is surprisingly minimal, 9,000 miles on them and just beginning to lose that new look.

All in all, probably the best tire in the price range.

Old 02-14-2007, 08:32 PM
HCF Member

BFG Traction T/A's stock size (185/65/14)

I got them last spring, and have had them about a year. I don't drive hard, but sometimes I like to rip it up. These tires are awesome all around. Good winter (loose snow, packed snow, ice etc), good summer, good braking, EXCELLENT at resisting hydroplaning. They are a touch noisy, but not to bad. If you're looking for a really good tire for year round use on a commuter, these are the tires to get. I want to try pushing em a little more this summer now that i'm more comfortable with my car.

Old 02-26-2007, 07:18 PM
Recognized HCF Member

i had kumho ecsta ASX 205-40-17s on my old rims and they seemed like very good tires!
great traction on wet and dry roads BUT with the extra width over stock tires.... SNOW DRIVING WAS HORIBLE!!!!!!!!!

overal great NON SNOW tire.LOL
seemed to wear decent and even wear....
good side wall cause i did hit quite a few potholes from time to time..... never had any pops... only had one get a nail in it but thats typical for any tire!

i think ill continue buying them again for my next 16s.... good price for a good tire... at least for the 6K miles i drove on them...

Old 03-17-2007, 11:34 PM

Nankang Sport NS1 tires. From eBay (never doing that again). Junk in the snow or on ice, really really bad. Ok in the rain. Had them for about 4,000 kms. Treads are wearing down lots on all 4 tires and I dont drive hard. Tires were meaty all over the place also.

Old 03-20-2007, 11:48 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Cooper Zeon ZPT
205/40-17
http://www.edgeracing.com/

I've had these tires for about a year (I only used them in the summer though), and I love them. The road noise is noticeable, but bearable. They offer great wet or dry traction, but I'm not sure I'd trust them on snow (they have rain tread, which makes them basically racing slicks in the snow... if you don't know what I mean, drive with rain tires in the snow and then look at your snow-filled tread).

Name:  20.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  67.1 KB

Old 04-02-2007, 03:24 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Dogmeat

Kumho Ecsta SPT 195/50/R15
Bought at America's Tires
Driven 12K so far ......edit....I've got 20K and they are holding up great. Even tread wear...still sticky...still quiet
What they say..."A unidirectional UHP tire that provides new tire performance in wet and dry even after the tire is more than half worn. It delivers world class technology by combining grip, handling, comfort, exceptional wear and eye appealing characteristics."
I say STICKY. wet or dry these things rock. Quieter then my Bridgestones, no noticable wear yet with spirited driving, and I can't get them to loosen on tight turns. I'd buy them again in a heart beat. Cheap Ultra High Performance.
Why not TIRE RACK report

[IMG]local://upfiles/3798/C3E5ED37229D4FD29ACA0731DF415F26.jpg[/IMG]
Update...just got finished putting new fronts on. CAMBER WEAR after 45K miles. I was able to flip the rears, but the fronts where to far gone

Quick Reply: Tire Review Thread