Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Uneven Drop

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 12:09 PM
Default Uneven Drop

Hey there,
I just installed some Tein S-Techs, real ones, on my 98 DX coupe and I have a small problem. The front drop is even but in the rear there is quite a difference in drop. On the driver's side rear I can't even fit my index finger in between the tire and wheel well, but on the passenger side I can fit my index and middle fingers in between the tire and wheel well. I have reinstalled them just to double check everything and it all looks great except I can't figure out why there is such a difference in the rear. I'll try to post some pics a little later when I get back to my apt.
Could it be that I have a bad strut in the back or a bent LCA? I currently have the stock wheels and struts on it just fyi.

Old 02-25-2007, 12:36 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Uneven Drop

Did you try letting it settle for a little while and then driving the car down the road and back?

Old 02-25-2007, 12:45 PM

I've had them installed for about 2 months now so they should be settled. Been kind of busy with school and work so I just now got around to posting this

Old 02-25-2007, 12:49 PM

was the back even before back when u installed them? prolly a bad strut, would be a good time to upgrade to atleast some Tokico Blues to hold up to the lowering.

Old 02-25-2007, 04:42 PM
HCF Member

could it be the famous "honda lean"? Your drivers side of the car sits lower then the passenger side?

Old 02-25-2007, 05:23 PM

ORIGINAL: mill$civic

could it be the famous "honda lean"? Your drivers side of the car sits lower then the passenger side?
its common for that to happen with the front suspension because of the engine/tranny/driver weight. the rear back shouldnt be that dramaticlly affected from engine/tranny/driver weight. might be a tad lower than the right side but not a whole 1/2"+ lower...

Old 02-25-2007, 06:20 PM

It's usally about 3/4 of an inch lower on the drivers side which is not right. I just went out to take some pics but for some reason it's sitting some what even right now[X(]

Old 02-25-2007, 06:31 PM
HCF Member

Only thing I could think of would be the shocks. Idk about what you said about the LCA unless you can tell that it is bent for some reason. Since you put on the S-techs you should probably just upgrade your shocks anyways like civicexracer said, except I wouldn't go with the blues because correct me if I'm wrong but aren't those the HP's? If they are then they are just oem replacements. I'd go with the illuminas if you're going to do that.

Old 02-25-2007, 06:53 PM
Recognized HCF Member

did you put the right springs on the front and the right ones on the back?

Old 02-25-2007, 07:03 PM

ORIGINAL: devney

Only thing I could think of would be the shocks. Idk about what you said about the LCA unless you can tell that it is bent for some reason. Since you put on the S-techs you should probably just upgrade your shocks anyways like civicexracer said, except I wouldn't go with the blues because correct me if I'm wrong but aren't those the HP's? If they are then they are just oem replacements. I'd go with the illuminas if you're going to do that.
HP's arnt OEM replacements...their designed to be stiffer than OEM(not by a ridiculas amount tho), and their designed to be used with lowering springs. OEM replacements are parts not made by the original manufacturer but are made to pretty much exact OEM specs.

Quick Reply: Uneven Drop