Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

vividracing - S Tech springs Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 04:04 PM
Default vividracing - S Tech springs Question

hey guys, i was planning on getting the Tein S.Tech Springs Honda Civic EM1/EJ6/7/8 96-00 on vivid racing for around $200. its gona drop my civic Front:
Front: -1.93"
Rear: -1.65"
site : http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/t...00-p-8216.html

i was wondeering if im ok putting these on stock struts or will i have to upgrade?, the guy i bought my honda from said he replaced the struts a little while befor i bought it which was about 5-6 months ago. i want to drop my car so bad, i dont have much money, not really enough for coilover but i dont want to cob something, if its gona cost me more money in the long run, i dont want to d it, ill just wait awhile and save, but if i can get away with the springs on the stock struts that would be pretty cool.

Old 03-05-2008, 04:48 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: vividracing - S Tech springs Question

$200 is a bit more than i payed from www.procivic.com, but still not bad. I have S-Techs on my stock 99 shocks and they are doing just fine. Drop removes almost all wheel gap, looks pretty good to me. You can put them on yourself prolly, just follow the DIY we have here on HCF (in the DIY section)

Old 03-05-2008, 05:16 PM

yeh, thats what i was lookin for, was juist to take the ugly gap away. i plan on doing it myself as well, also, will i need to get a chamber kit? or shouod i see how it goes first and if need be buy one?

Old 03-05-2008, 05:20 PM
HCF Member

i didnt use one, numerous others have got by without them, addiction2bass used some sort of washer trick to level it out though, idk, pm him.

you'll need spring compressors for hte install though.

Old 03-05-2008, 05:37 PM

ok, well ill putthem on and see what happens and go from there. yeah one of my buddies has a springcomprossor so that wont be an issue.

Old 03-05-2008, 06:01 PM

found a good price on them: http://www.gripmotorsports.com/pi~pn...ings-1463.htmlgona call and make sure this site isent a scam like streetsyler

Old 03-05-2008, 06:37 PM
HCF Member

THIS is where i got mine, couldn't be happier. I think they're a forum sponsor too, which is good all around. Looked around and couldn't find any reviews on Grip Motorsports, so idk about them. Never really heard of them. I know eBay was selling S-Tech knock offs, might wanna watch it, idk.

Old 03-05-2008, 06:50 PM

yeah, i dont know really, i think im just gona stick with eather procivic for vivid, i have orderd from them befor and there really good, so maybe its worth the extra $50 just making sure i get the right ones and dont get screwed. but hey, i app. your help, it makes me alot happier now that i know i can go out in the next week or 2 and get these springs instead of waiting til next winter to put coilovers on.

Old 03-05-2008, 07:27 PM
Snail'n Admin

Ok, i understand wanting tomake sure you get the product, by why pay more money when you dont have to? seems stupid to me, guess money isnt an option to you, must be nice

Old 03-05-2008, 07:39 PM

well, i have gotton screwed in the past tyring to shop around for cheaper prices, and most of the time its eather a knock off or they trake my money and i never see the product. money is in the mix, or i wouldent be buying springs, i would be getting coilovers. viid has em for about $200 and pro civic has em for $160, im most likly gona get em from procivic. i dont like ordering from sites i have never herd of or no about..im weird like that i know

Quick Reply: vividracing - S Tech springs Question