Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Warped Rotors

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 10:09 AM
HCF Member
Default Warped Rotors

I was driving about 2 months ago down a country road, and a constable pulled out in front of me while I was doing about 80, causing me to slam my brakes and swerve into a ditch. Anyways, It warped my rotors so I'm about to change them. I have drums in the back, and they seem to be fine, so for now I'm just going to change the front rotors/pads, but I wanted some advice. Should I paint my calipers while I'm at it? I didn't know if it would look dumb or not since I have drums on the back. Any suggestions?

Old 02-16-2007, 10:13 AM
mxs
HCF Member
Default RE: Warped Rotors

I have mine painted gloss black, not flashy but looks better than rusting metal

Old 02-16-2007, 10:18 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

I'll be doing mine Silver this year, that is, if I dont replace them with something else..

Old 02-16-2007, 03:18 PM
HCF Member

I never thought of painting them black. I think that would look muh better than red or blue on my dark silver car. =) Where should I buy the paint for it?

Old 02-16-2007, 11:27 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Trey

It warped my rotors
by the way, brake rotors don't "warp", the thickness around the rotor changes causing them to give that feeling of being unbalanced.

Old 02-16-2007, 11:52 PM
HCF Member

Ah...thanks for the corection. I did't really picture them as warping but that's the term I always hear used.

Old 02-17-2007, 12:05 AM
HCF Member

yeah, i gotcha, they can warp though.. if you get in a wreck or something

Old 02-17-2007, 12:41 AM
HCF Member

As a matter of fact, I have been in a wreck in the car. It was 5 days after I bought it. Some chick who had just gotten her liscense that day decided to cross one of the most traffic-filled streets in my area, and pulled out no more than 3 feet in front of me while I was doing 40. It hurt. The worst part about it though was the month and a half wait to get my brand new car back from the shop. Also, knowing that it will never be the same. =/

Old 02-17-2007, 12:46 AM
HCF Member

i know whatcha mean, i had mine in the shop for a few weeks but that was mainly due to the wait on the shipment of parts i ordered to be installed while it was in the shop, that was the longest few weeks ever, i was almost gonna start crying if i couldn't drive it , j/k

Old 02-17-2007, 12:41 PM
HCF Member

Who cares if other people think it looks dumb? Would it look dumb to YOU? Would it look dumber to crash again because your brakes were screwed? Function over fashion. I'm not saying to leave everything rusty/dirty after it's repaired, but make it work right first, and THEN make it look good. If you can afford to do both simultaneously, you're all set.

I think black or silver would look fine anyway, but you have to remember that aesthetics is pretty much a matter of opinion anyway. Be a man instead of a mouse, and have your own opinions about what you like/dislike instead of just following the herd. For example, a lot of guys think that Jessica Alba is the end-all/be-all of hotness...a "10", if you will. But I tend to like my womens with a little more meat on 'em. I'm not saying she isn't apretty young woman to look at (She's about an 8-9 to me...her smile gets her a little extra), but I prefer a build more like Salma Hayek's with an Alba-similar athleticism. You may feel Salma is only about a 7 according to your preferences, but that Jessica is an 11. Everybody has their different preferences.

Quick Reply: Warped Rotors