Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

What lug nuts for HPP Wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 03:37 PM
Default What lug nuts for HPP Wheels?

So, I got some nice HFP wheels (they are the dark grey colored ones) that were new from a guy on CL last year. My original lug nuts didn't fit since I used to have hubcaps so I went to Advanced to get some generic ones and a set of locks. Those were S*** and rusted halfway through this winter and the locks are already stripped! What lug nuts should I use? I figured I would just get the locks from Honda but I can't find anything on the web about the standard lug nuts. I know Honda will probably rape me on selling me the lug nuts but I do want something that will last!

Last edited by djcompton; 04-21-2009 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Changed HPP to HFP
Old 04-20-2009, 04:06 PM

You mean HPF?

Don't those use a ball seat lug nut? Using tapered ones like you did will ruin the wheels' lug nut seats.

Get the locks from honda because they have the ball seat.

Old 04-21-2009, 08:20 AM

They are HFP. They are Honda Factory Peformance? See attached photo.

They came from dealer..have Honda part numbers and centercaps. Came with new valves but no lug nuts so I am just trying to find something good that will last to put on there. I will get the locks from Honda and ask them about which lug nuts I should get. I figured someone on here may have had these wheels and could recommend something for me.

Attached Thumbnails What lug nuts for HPP Wheels?-image_048.jpg  

Last edited by djcompton; 05-06-2009 at 08:09 AM.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:31 AM
HCF Member

they are HFP also know as honda factory performance. i saw an ek hatch outside my house 2 days ago and it was sporting these rims and fell in love with them they look sick. good choice on the wheels. i would get the lug nuts from honda or maybe the tuner lugs on ebay.

Old 04-21-2009, 10:43 AM
HCF Member

yeah i bet the wheels cost an arm and leg tho lol

Old 04-21-2009, 10:53 AM

You are right! I am having a case of the Mondays though it is Tuesday.

The "F" looks like a "P" on the wheels! I got them from a guy on Craig's List still new in box for $500. Not too bad really. The trick is finding good all-season tires that are the correct size for our cars!

I guess I will take the hit and get lug nuts and locks from Honda. Anyone know what part number is supposed to be used with these wheels? I don't know if I will trust any tuner lug nuts since I have had bad luck with Autozone specials. You can see in the picture how they have rusted over one winter (though it was a tough winter!)

Old 05-06-2009, 08:11 AM

So I went ahead and got raped by the dealer and bought 12 lug nuts and a set of locking nuts. They said the lugs are the same as the EX wheels (mine is an LX so I had hubcaps originally).

I paid $102 for everything....not terrible I guess. It was worth it they look great and fit in the wheel much nicer than the crap I got from Advance.