Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

what to order for springs?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 11:22 AM
HCF Member
Default what to order for springs?

first off this is for my 00 civic dx hatch. i have finally desided on getting some tokico illuminam struts/shocks but not sure what springs to get. was thinking eibach cause ive heard great things about them but was told to get some h&r for a little cheaper and there just as good. i also dont want a horrible ride on the road but i want about a 2" drop. both the eibach and h&r springs with about a 2" drop have higher spring rates, are there any that have about a 2" drop with a slightly lower spring rate? i dont know much about spring rates but arent these to a little much and if i put the shocks on the softest setting will it be an ok ride with these springs or should i get some adjustable coilovers with some softer springs to get the ride hight i want. as you can tell im a little confused about what springs to get, thanks a ton, and yes i have read the stickys about this im just stuck with the adjustable shocks and how much they work with different rate springs

H&R Sport - 330F/280R (P/P)
Eibach Sportline - 310F/275R (P/P)

Old 07-12-2009, 01:16 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well for a closer to stock ride then Stech springs are highly recommended.
i had them and i liked em, i just wanted more adjustability so i switched to some good coilovers. so if you hate your car not being even from corner to corner then you should get some adjustable coilovers. i hated the 1/4-1/2inch difference from side to side with the drop springs and it just not on my nerves.
i used ground controls on my old 99. you can choice your spring rates also and they are eibach springs i believe.

Old 07-13-2009, 05:56 PM
HCF Member

ok been looking and looking for some springs that match what i want and cant seem to find any but someone on here has to know of some.

im looking for some springs that will fit on the tokico illuminam shock/strut that have a 1.75 - 2 inch drop with about a spring rate of about 300f/200r because i believe these rates will give a nice firm ride without being to rough on the soft setting so can anyone help me out here...

cant you also get springs for different cars that will fit these shocks for a 00 civic dx hatch to get the results i want? i originally wanted eibach sportline springs but they are to high for rates and the prokit isnt low enough, can i get the prokit for a different car to get what i want?

Old 07-13-2009, 06:14 PM
Recognized HCF Member

id say give groundcontrols a call and get some adjustable coilovers.
http://www.ground-control-store.com/products/index.php

Old 07-14-2009, 01:46 AM
HCF Member

as far as spring/shock setups go, Tokico Illuminas and H&R Sport springs can't be beat.

On Stechs, I personally would never put them on a car. Stechs are designed to lower a car without the need to replace the stock shocks. This means that the spring rates are much lower than performance springs so the shocks can actually handle the springs without blowing. The result is a decent looking lowered car, but with barely any of the performance gains offered directly by performance springs themselves.

If you're getting a set of Illuminas, Stechs are a waste of money. Stick with the H&Rs.