Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Will this be to low?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 10:49 AM
HCF Member
Default Will this be to low?

I have a 2002 civic ex sedan. with stock tires and steelies. im looking at lowering it about 2.25 in the front and 2 in the back using skunk2 lowering springs. my question is has anyone lowerd this much on stock tires and rims, will it rub?

Old 12-11-2007, 10:52 AM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: Will this be to low?

with stock wheels/tires... shouldnt rub just driving but MAYBE on hard turns it might rub or ya might have to remove the inner splash guards...

youll run into problems when you upgrade your rims!

Old 12-11-2007, 10:55 AM
HCF Member

sugestions?

Old 12-11-2007, 12:51 PM
HCF Member

i say do the drop, just get as close to the same size tires as stock. S-Techs give a slightly mellower drop, but still eliminate wheel gap, but if you want the bigger drop, i dont htink you'd have THAT much trouble. Can always roll the fenders like addiction did

Old 12-11-2007, 01:26 PM
HCF Member

maybe look into coilovers, so you can adjust it to the point right before it rubs or whatever.

Old 12-11-2007, 01:42 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ORIGINAL: blackmetal619

maybe look into coilovers, so you can adjust it to the point right before it rubs or whatever.

ya i just thought about that as well..... get some adjustable coilovers and tweak yyour ride.... i think adjustables are the BETER WAY.... that you can completly level your ride out! for instance... my 94civics old drop springs was lower on one side about 1.5-2fingers on one side in the front, and not sure about the rear tho... dont have them on my ride anymore... but with adjustable coilovers you can set the car COMPLETLY LEVEL....

Old 12-11-2007, 06:55 PM
HCF Member

after much reading, i know that using stock sturts with lowering springs is not recomended, but how bad is it REALLY? and what are some struts/or full coilovers that are good quality but i can find for a decent price?

Old 12-11-2007, 07:34 PM
HCF Member

Another thing, droping this much, will a camber kit be necessary?

Old 12-11-2007, 08:31 PM
mxs
HCF Member

Please read the stickies at the top of this forum -- all of this info is in there.

Old 12-11-2007, 09:39 PM

i have an '04 lx sedan and was debating the same thing when i first got the car. since i didn't have the $$ for full coilovers, i planned to install lowering springs and replace the oem struts later since they were still relatively new. deciding how low i wanted to drop it was the hardest part, i didnt want to go too low b/c i'd sacrifice ridequality and have to be EXTRA careful driving. i also didnt want to not lower it enough so when i put 18"s on it there wouldn't be a gap, and also so it'll look good w/ steelies. for $200 i could've got neuspeed race springs or the skunk2 springs(2.25f-2.0r), nice and low. my other option was goldline springs or tanabe/sustec springs (1.8"f&r). after extensive research i went with the tanabe's and i'm definitley satisfied. the drop was noticable, in and outside the car, and after driving on them for a few months they started to settle lowering it a tiny bit more. as far as camber, i didnt geta kit b/cthe 7th gen civics are different from the 5th & 6th. however, dpending how low you drop it you might need one. i do have some negative camber on my rear tires, but the time it takes for regular tires to wear and lowered car tires to wear isn't much of a difference. MOST IMPORTANTLY, MAKE SURE YOU GET A 4-WHEELALIGHNMENT ASAP AFTER YOU LOWER IT!!!!

Quick Reply: Will this be to low?