Transmission & Differential All trans and diff topics can be found within.

DOS BOTH CV AXES SUPPOSED TO PULL IN GEAR

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 06:07 PM
Default DOS BOTH CV AXES SUPPOSED TO PULL IN GEAR

MY DRIVERSIDE CV AXLE WILL NOT TURN RIGHT IT TRYS IT CATCHES AND STOPS TURNING AND STARTS AGAIN AND STOPS OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND CAN STOP IT WIYH MY HAND THE OTHER SIDE IS COTSTANT SPINNING CANT STOP AT ALL THE TEETH ARE GOOD AND IS LOCKED IN GOOD WHAT IS CAUSING THIS CAN ANYONE HELP

Old 11-06-2005, 07:48 PM
Cat Fuсker
Default RE: DOS BOTH CV AXES SUPPOSED TO PULL IN GEAR

Clarify please, did u raise the front and see if both wheels will turn at the same time or what???? Or is your CV locking up/making noise??? I don't get what you're saying though...

Old 11-06-2005, 07:50 PM

I think what he's saying is that his car won't move. If he jacks it up and puts it in gear, it will spin, but he can stop it easily. It sounds like the axle is loose, but since he says it's not, it could be a really f**ked up tranny.

Old 11-06-2005, 08:24 PM

i put the car on jackstands changed clutch and put cv joints back in when i tested clutch only passenger side would pull good, drivers side would try to spin but not very good kinda stoped and startedi could stop it with my hand grabbing the lugnuts i puled it out again teeth looked good and put in back in when you give it gas you can here kinda a clattering noise it will drive down the road but with only passenger side axle working should both sides pull driver and passenger side

Old 11-06-2005, 08:33 PM
Cat Fuсker

If you have the front jacked up, the power will go through the path of less resistance, so with both wheels up it might as well be only spinning one wheel... and the clattering noice could be a gone CV

Old 11-06-2005, 08:36 PM

should i be able to stop cv axle while in gear though with hardly any pressure

Old 11-06-2005, 08:40 PM

Ooooh, I understand what you're saying now, and I think Kolhoznik is right. Without an LSD, only one wheel will pull strongly when both are off the ground. And the noise sounds like a bad CV joint, which would be your only problem. Being able to stop one wheel easily is normal when the front end is jacked up.

Old 11-06-2005, 08:48 PM

ok thanks can you help me with this when going down the road and stwitch to 3rd gear if i give it alot of gas the motor will rev up but the car will not speed up if i let off the gas again it catch and go i think its mainly third gear that does it

Old 11-06-2005, 08:51 PM
Cat Fuсker

Any grinding??? YOur car is 88, right? Did you adjust your clutch right? It might be slipping in the 3rd

Old 11-06-2005, 08:55 PM

i havent ajusted the clutch yet will that make the clutch pull diffrent in in each of the gears because 1st 2cd 4th 5th it catches good when you gas on it seems like only third gear does it

Quick Reply: DOS BOTH CV AXES SUPPOSED TO PULL IN GEAR