Transmission & Differential All trans and diff topics can be found within.

LSD and Main Bearings

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 11:55 PM
HCF Member
Default LSD and Main Bearings

I am going to put a main bearing in my tranny here soon. I was wondering, Where is a good place to get main bearings? And, is it possible to install LSD on a tranny? I am sure it is, unless manuall trannys with LSD are somehow built that way and un-serviceable.
[align=left] [/align]

Old 04-16-2007, 09:19 AM
Cat Fuсker
Default RE: LSD and Main Bearings

you really don't sound ready to undertake anything inside the tranny...

Old 04-16-2007, 12:44 PM

yes you can install an LSD but its expensive to do it right. IE: Quaife runs 999.99 last time i looked.

but what do you need an LSD for?

sure i'de help if you were making alot of power but its money you really dont need to spend unless your tryin to go racing alot or autocrossing

Old 04-16-2007, 01:55 PM
HCF Member

I sold my LSD tranny, it was a ZC LSD and becasue it low on ratio..I was shifting constantly and didn't get good mileage. Despite of my ZC tranny, you can getyour bearing with dealer item and get aftermarket lsd diff once you pull out your final drive, nuttin to it..
Personal note..! unless you use it for auto cross then it worth it..
Check on my DIY for dismantling the tranny..

Old 04-16-2007, 04:57 PM
HCF Member

Thanks, yeah I looked at some and it is deffinantly not worth it. I dont plan on getting more than 200HP out of my civic. and thanks for the DIY, it looks pretty simple.

Old 04-16-2007, 05:16 PM
HCF Member

Actually, I am a ASE Certified Auto Technician and I happen to have a Cerification in Manual Trans and Axles. Test number A3. If you do not know what that is or are not a Professional Auto Tech than I do not see how you have the nerve to say that. Actually, I do not know why you are saying that anyway and why you are being a little bitch to me on here. **** off.

Old 04-17-2007, 04:08 PM
HCF Member

You gota A3.. it walks in the park for you then..

Old 04-17-2007, 05:32 PM
Cat Fuсker

ORIGINAL: mrkbnt

Actually, I am a ASE Certified Auto Technician and I happen to have a Cerification in Manual Trans and Axles. Test number A3. If you do not know what that is or are not a Professional Auto Tech than I do not see how you have the nerve to say that. Actually, I do not know why you are saying that anyway and why you are being a little bitch to me on here. **** off.

You talking to me? If you are, than read what you posted originally, than come back and appologize. I could care less about your credentials. Good for you that you are a certified tech, but that doesn't mean that you can just be a bitch. I told you exactly what I thought based on how you worded your question.

is it possible to install LSD on a tranny
That right there tells me that 1). you didn't research, 2). you werenot sure if it's even possible. I don't need to be a technician, that's not what brings me bread to the table, but I have had more than a few trannys apart and back together including diff. replacement, synchros,and bearings. Will be doing another one really soon. You certification means nothing to me because I have had ASE certified techs mess up my car on more thana singleoccasion.

Old 04-18-2007, 12:20 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: droopy128

You gota A3.. it walks in the park for you then..
Yup, just did it today. easy. cost me $25 to fix it.

Old 04-18-2007, 12:57 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Roto

You talking to me? If you are, than read what you posted originally, than come back and appologize. I could care less about your credentials. Good for you that you are a certified tech, but that doesn't mean that you can just be a bitch. I told you exactly what I thought based on how you worded your question.
Yes I am talking to you. Me being a bitch? For one you where talking **** to me on another thread for no reason at all. And on this thread I was telling you exactly what I thought based off what you said to me. Which had no great point or great help to what I posted. You see, I do not go around to find flaws in peoples postings. I am more than happy to help anyone with any problem that they have. The only time I will go out of my way to say something out of line is when a punk *** like you wants to spit out there ****ty opinion. Did you ever think that maybee this is the internet and is not the greatest source of comunication? No **** LSD can be installed in trannys, however I am not familuar with the whole LSD scenerio with Honda transaxles because I am new to building performance Honda's and also wanted to know if I it was worth it. My99si's post pretty much ansewerd my questions regarding and I appreciated it. When I said "installing LSD's in Tranny's" did not give you any right to just say that you do not think I really can not undertake a tranny apart. And I do not owe you **** for an apology, you need to get a life.

[/quote]ORIGINAL: Roto

That right there tells me that 1). you didn't research, 2). you werenot sure if it's even possible. I don't need to be a technician, that's not what brings me bread to the table, but I have had more than a few trannys apart and back together including diff. replacement, synchros,and bearings. Will be doing another one really soon. You certification means nothing to me because I have had ASE certified techs mess up my car on more thana singleoccasion. [/quote]

O.K. 1). Again, I am new to building "performance" Honda's. This forum is the only web-site that I get any great imput from. Everyone has been awesome with helping me and I try my best to help anyone that needs it. Even if it is something that I have done a thousand times and feel like someone should not be working on there own car if they are asking that question, I give my experience and try to help. Not talk down on them like a bitch that you are because I know that no one was born into this world with all of the answers. And 2). I know it is possible, I was asking how it is done but, again, either way it still does not give you a right to be a dunb ****. If you where any good at working on cars you would have more than "bread to the table" And, ASE's dont mean ****? Those test are very complicated, I would like to see you pass one or even try to take one. It takes allot of experience both mentally and physically to pass them and become certified. And I wouldnt so say "judge a book by its cover" when it comes to ASE tecs messing up your car. For one, how do you know they where ASE certified? Did you see there Certification? Do they have the work experience? People make mistakes, just like my wording to you aparently. But if you are not doing this for a living, 8 hours a day, 5 days a week for years and years, then you dont have **** on me and need to shut your face. And do not even try to brag about all of the trannys you have done, I cant tell you how many times I have had to fix **** ups from dip ****s like you. But oh well, the more dip ****s like you that are out there the more money I make.

Quick Reply: LSD and Main Bearings