Transmission & Differential All trans and diff topics can be found within.

trans conversion complete but have ??

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2005, 07:41 PM
Default trans conversion complete but have ??

ok guys i got everything installed but i have a few ?s...the sensor on themanual tranny...has 2 wires coming from it...these are the only electrical connections on the tranny...but my harness being from an auto dosnt hvae the receiver connectors so where do i connect them?..or i dont?...and also when i try to start the car..it acts liek its in gear..like the car wont start and i cant get the key out of the ignition without unhooking the bat. ...is this cuz i didnt change the ecu?..im going to the junkyard tomorrow to get a mount and axel so i think im pickin up an ecu too...but willl that take care of the confused car?...and also on the auto pedals there was an electrical connector on the break pedal....my friend helped put the pedals in and he said that it wont plug in to these pedals..so do i just leave it or?..and i dont have a connector for the nuetral safty switch on my harness down there...so i just leave it..i guess all my questions lead to will the ecu fix it?...remember its a 4th gen...thanks for any help.

Old 03-13-2005, 09:05 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: trans conversion complete but have ??

the sensor on top the tranny is your reverse switch which has to be wired all the way into the car. the car wont start because of your park/nuetral safety switch is either not hooked up or indicating the car is in gear. the switch on yoru brake pedal....is it on your clutch pedal or the actuall brake pedal? if its on the clutch pedal dont worry about it. if its on your brake pedal its your brake light switch and must be hooked up. follow these easy steps......yes amanda ill finish this write up soon [8D]
Wiring with diagrams:

Drag two wires from under the hood (yellow and green on tranny) for the reverse lights to work when you are in reverse. Please note that the R light on the instrument cluster will not work without some decent knowledge of relay wiring. Connect these to wires to the ones pictured below

I found this one out the hard way, the key will not come out unless the car is in park and um, you dont have a park anymore. To fix this you can make the car think its in park all the time. Please understand, by doing this the P will be on in the instrument cluster all the time. This can be corrected one of 2 ways, disconneting the light or some extensive relay work.

This one is needed to crank the car because it no longer has a neutral or park. It is one of two plugs with only 2 wires. This one is easy to spot because it has two heavy black wires instead of the other with two yellow wires. Just connect them in a simple loop, or with some relay work to the clutch pedal because some decent current goes through them directly to the starter. I just left it like picture and allways crank the car with my foot on the clutch.

Old 03-13-2005, 09:09 PM

ok so do this and i dotn need the manual ecu i can use the auto one?..and the the diagram with the red wire u have in the connector...u just jumped that right?..looped the 2 with the red wire?...basicaly everythign i am having problems with can be solved my messing with the connectors that come up in the center consol from the old auto shifteR?

Old 03-13-2005, 09:16 PM
HCF Member

you can use the auto ecu for now but you will deal with the check engine light being on due to code 19
Accord Civic CRV CRX Del Sol Odyssey Prelude
n/a 88-95 n/a 88-91 93-97 n/a n/a Automatic Transmission Lock Up Control Solenoid Valve
defective circuit or unplugged / defective solenoid valve
it will run your car just fine untill you can get your hands on a 5spd ecu?
yes the red wire is a jumper between the 2 terminals. and yes all your troubles can be solved inside the car.

Old 03-13-2005, 09:20 PM

cool thanks a lot dude.....ps i like your sig ...lol

Old 03-13-2005, 09:22 PM
HCF Member

[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 03-13-2005, 10:26 PM

ok i just jumped the 2 connectors...the car started..but i still cant get the key out...what did i do wrong?

Old 03-13-2005, 10:45 PM
HCF Member

hmmmmn weird it worked for me. is the "P" lite up on your dashboard? if it isnt you wired it up wrong. the "P" has to be lite in order to start the car and remove the key.

Old 03-13-2005, 10:50 PM

nevermind dude..i didnt hvae the one wire in good...corrected it and works fine now...all thats left is the reverse lights...the break lights...and tomorrow im going to pick up a mount and axel...thanks for all ur help bro

Old 03-13-2005, 11:11 PM
HCF Member

[sm=smiley20.gif] now you can start charging people with this conversion

Quick Reply: trans conversion complete but have ??