Transmission & Differential All trans and diff topics can be found within.

What do I need to CONVERT A/T to M/T

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2005, 01:13 AM
HCF Member
Default What do I need to CONVERT A/T to M/T

Well the Mini me is in progress having been put on hold due to some clearance issues. Some one felt sad and gave me a M/T or atleast the gear box I suppose. I believe I will need the shift linkage and other items just not sure what and where to look. How hard is it to drop in the third petal?

Old 02-22-2005, 07:02 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: What do I need to CONVERT A/T to M/T

you will need a brake pedal and clutch pedal not just a clutch pedal. you will also need the ecu, shift linkage, clutch master cylinder, slave cylinder, and tubing. thats all i can think of for now, but i bet there are a few misc brackets and things that you will need and find out as you go. its not all that difficult, just time consuming and you have to have patience

Old 02-23-2005, 01:10 AM
HCF Member

Thanks Phil ..I have some help but its always more appreciated when you get your own hands dirty you know. I am compiling a list of things to look for as the tranny was given to me just need most the stuff you had mentioned and I am sure others. We are rebulding it as the 2 and 4 are going out. It is all new to me. I appreciate any and all of the advise given.

Thank you

Old 02-23-2005, 05:48 AM
HCF Member

i just thought about it this morning also, what year car did the tranny come from? 92-93 had some minor differences from 94-95. i just put a 94-95 z6 engine and tranny in my 93 and there were a couple things i had to swap from my old ones. its awesome that you are attempting it yourself. you will never learn unless you get in there and get dirty. hope it works out for you. keep us posted on your progress

Old 02-23-2005, 11:05 AM
HCF Member

95 ex tranny into a 94 dx hatch.

Old 02-23-2005, 01:25 PM
HCF Member

From what I understand that its a royal pain in the *** to convert snaz. Would'nt you also have to swap out ecu's?

Old 02-23-2005, 05:14 PM
HCF Member

that should be easy enough. i did say ecu in my 1st post and you will also have to add a couple wires for the vtec head

Old 02-23-2005, 05:58 PM
HCF Member

dont forget the flywheel and clutch, and clutch cable with the proper brackets,. i'd find someone with a m/t to take a pic of the routing and such if it were me, the adjustments on honda clutches seem a little touchy, i'll bet the routing is crucial

Old 02-23-2005, 07:31 PM
HCF Member

I have an ECU (P28 obd-1) for a manny and an auto(just in case...you never know) this will accomodate the v-tec issue. And do you mean the route the cables take? Also I am not going at this totally alone I will have some assistance from the guy who gave me the tranny. once again few more parts you guys are awesome.

Thanks

Old 02-27-2005, 10:30 AM
HCF Member

for some reason i assumed the flywheel and clutch came used with the engine or tranny, not really sure what i was thinking. also the 92 and up civic has a hydro clutch not cable. but like i said before the clutch master cylinder, slave cylinder and tubing that runs them.

Quick Reply: What do I need to CONVERT A/T to M/T