Transmission & Differential All trans and diff topics can be found within.

will swapping the transmission of my car make it run the same as a car with original 5speed tranny?

Old 08-23-2007, 05:50 PM
Default will swapping the transmission of my car make it run the same as a car with original 5speed tranny?

some people have told me that it wont run the same, but maybe that just depends on how well work was done?

Old 08-23-2007, 05:57 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: will swapping the transmission of my car make it run the same as a car with original 5speed tra

what you mean? swaping a 5speed with a automatic tranny or swaping a clutch setup?

if your swaping in a automatic..... performance will suck.LOL if swaping from auto to stick it will feel alot quicker!
but your motor will run the same either way.... its just geting the power to the ground that will make it feel differently.

Old 08-23-2007, 06:59 PM
Default RE: will swapping the transmission of my car make it run the same as a car with original 5speed tra

swaping an auto to a manual
then i plan to get a new flywheel and clutch too

Old 08-23-2007, 08:21 PM
HCF Member

You mean like a performance flywheel and clutch because transmissions already have those, lol.

Old 08-23-2007, 08:23 PM

yea, i meant like aftermarket ones, i wont be keeping the stock ones

Old 08-24-2007, 01:33 AM
Recognized HCF Member

well from a auto to manual it will feel alot beter! and automatic doesnt have theh clutch setup.. it has a torque converter which is the main reason performance blows....

just do your research on it..... ive thought about doing it but thiers just so many little things that im probably beter off just buying a manual car....

but if you can find a donor car go for it!

Old 08-24-2007, 03:17 PM

You need a manual ECU other than that the transmission is simply a torque multiplier, it does not affect engine function what so ever, only engine output.

Old 08-26-2007, 11:35 AM

yeah both transmissions will still have the same engine power so its only thing changing is the fact that you got to shift it yourself.

Old 09-03-2007, 01:34 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: 06coupe

yeah both transmissions will still have the same engine power so its only thing changing is the fact that you got to shift it yourself.
nice theory, however slightly flawed.. yes, the same power, but gear ratiosmake all the difference in the world, not to mention tighter gear ratios, thats why so many of us have made the swap to manual

Old 09-07-2007, 08:09 PM

I know you'll like the feel of a manual more. At least I would!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: will swapping the transmission of my car make it run the same as a car with original 5speed tranny?