Transmission & Differential All trans and diff topics can be found within.

Zero Power

Old 12-10-2007, 03:11 PM
Default Zero Power

Hello. I recently crashed my car. Ive pretty much destroyed everything on the drivers side front end of the car. Ive been replacing pretty much everything from the cv axle out. I had to move my car last night as my car was going to get towed. I started the car up and tried to back it up with nothing from the cv axel out. The car had no power and would not budge. Im just trying to gestimate problems with the vechicle before I get to them basicly and order parts asap. I notice I have no breaks at this time. I think its just cause i need to put brake fluid in as it has all leaked out. Is this what is causing my car to have no power or is it something more serious. The car does not slip when in gear and you take out the clutch which worries me a lil but Im kinda sure it has to do with the brake fluid as i belive they are on the same system. Any ideas anyone?

Old 12-10-2007, 05:06 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: Zero Power

Some photographs might help.

Does the engine run fine but the car won't move when in gear?

Does the clutch work and allow you to change gears?

The hydraulic brake and clutch systems are separate. Check the clutch fluid reservoir to see whether, like the brake fluid reservoir, it is empty/low. The impact on the driver's side front end may have damaged not only the axle but also the transmission. Is the transmission fluid level low?