General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Buying An EG, I Need Opinions...Again

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 07:09 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Buying An EG, I Need Opinions...Again

I don't know. Mine's got the D15Z1 (The Mighty VTEC-E!!!), and it's pretty anemic at 92bhp, trust me.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I'm using an older version of Mozilla Firefox (too lazy to upgrade only to patch for issues, and I hate IE), and the smilies and other editing functions don't work as well as they do with IE (which is why I forgot the smilies originally).

I've always been a fan of the black rims w/polished rings, and I'd love to score a set on the cheap. My car's actually an experiment in economy (since it gets about 300% better gas mileage than my '97 Ram 4x4), so shelling out for 'unnecessary luxuries' (like cool rims & tires) is out of the question... (until these wear out, that is).

Keep us posted with whatever you wind up with.

Old 08-20-2007, 08:14 AM
HCF Member

Yeh turbocharge that D or go for a B series conversion if you want to go NA and have the benefits associated with that

problems you need to be aware of with the EG6 92-95 civic:

there are rust issues, especially on thewheel arches and bottoms of the doors(where dirt has clogged the door drainage channel and water has collected)which are annoying to fix.

the suspensionbushings and donut things go for a pastime on these civics, which can be cheap to sort if you can do the work yourself but expensive in terms of labour charges if you get it done by someone else

there area fewother model specific mechanical issues as well but i dont know anything about the D engines as i have only ever owned a B16a EG6Civic

Old 08-20-2007, 08:49 AM

ok thanks guys, yea type rb i undestand i use the new firefox but yea..

im going to look at the car today, im going to check for all rust spots, and any body/suspension damage i can.

i would get a eg in better shape but i cant seem to find any except from guys that already put rims on em and intakes and **** which usually means its a little beat. but i also was looking at another one, it didnt have a picture but it sounded a little more reliable and the guy wasnt mexican LOL

Old 08-20-2007, 09:30 AM
HCF Member

Man just take $1100 cash and buy that thing.Just say thats all you have. If he don't take it screw it. There are eg's all over the place.
After seeing that video I wouldn't even pay $1,000 for it.

Old 08-20-2007, 10:16 AM

ORIGINAL: 2slo4u

Man just take $1100 cash and buy that thing.Just say thats all you have. If he don't take it screw it. There are eg's all over the place.
After seeing that video I wouldn't even pay $1,000 for it.

good idea lol

Old 08-20-2007, 10:43 AM
HCF Member

borrow some money and buy this http://www.mautofied.com/listing-100043735.htm

Old 08-20-2007, 12:59 PM

ORIGINAL: 2slo4u

borrow some money and buy this http://www.mautofied.com/listing-100043735.htm

i dont even want that to be honest. and i just got back from lookin at this hatch...

the outside had some dents and rust, not impressed with the rims/tires either. the inside was missing panels, window crank, and some of the center console and under the ignition...was not impressed at all about the inside.

the motor ran pretty good, and it was pretty fast i must say but it had a wierd sound coming from the muffler when you just rev it a little but not when you floor it. it was like a raspy kinda sound almost like the vtec sound but much more noticible and only when you rev it a little bit.

none the less he wanted 1400 for it which i turned down. i told him id give him 1g cash but he denied. i dont really like cars that need all sorts of work just to look decent.

Old 08-20-2007, 05:22 PM
HCF Member

Bummer. But good call - no reason to pay more for something you have to immediately begin sinking money into. I got lucky with mine... yeah, it needed engine work. But the rest of the car is in great shape... all things considered - and I only gave $800.

Hang in there - you'll find the right car. Just make sure to keep a little of your cash back for registration and insurance start-up fees (if you need to) - I had to let my Mustang sit for almost a month while I saved up the rest of the money to cover those costs.

Old 08-20-2007, 09:11 PM

ORIGINAL: Type RB

Bummer. But good call - no reason to pay more for something you have to immediately begin sinking money into. I got lucky with mine... yeah, it needed engine work. But the rest of the car is in great shape... all things considered - and I only gave $800.

Hang in there - you'll find the right car. Just make sure to keep a little of your cash back for registration and insurance start-up fees (if you need to) - I had to let my Mustang sit for almost a month while I saved up the rest of the money to cover those costs.
yea i found another 92 civic hatch, with 14' racing wheels and its lowered. the guy baught it because the body was in good shape and he was going to do a motor swap but he said he doesnt really have the extra money and hes buying his landscaping business truck. its got the d15b7 but i can drive that till i can save enough for a b16. he wants like 11-1200 for it

oh and im having him make the bill of sale like 300$ so registration isn't that much. im swappin my plates over and my moms takin care of insurance