General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Exhaust Help, Please and Thank You

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 03:12 PM
Default Exhaust Help, Please and Thank You

so a couple days ago i was driving to my friends new house and i hit the exhaust pipe on a really bad bump, and it broke the welding seal and my muffler is now hanging, disconnected. i took it to a muffler shop and they said i needed a new muffler cuz i broke it and something about the baffle (idk if thats what it is, im kinda car retarded) and i needed a new muffler. i took it to a different shop and he said i needed a new muffler and the top of my pipe connected to the muffler was warped and i needed to replace that as well. So if im going to do that, what all will i need? a new muffler and pipe? i dont want to spend very much money, but i dont want something that sounds like a cherry bomb.

i have a 95 civic ex 2dr coupe, i dont know any specs on the exhaust tho, sorry. any help is much appreciated

Old 07-19-2010, 03:43 PM
HCF Member

before you hit the bump, did your exhaust sound normal?

If so, all you really would need is a new axleback muffler, or someone to weld the old one on. but unless you can weld yourself, I would just search for a used OEM civic muffler at a junkyard, or on craigslist. here is a good start, but you could prolly get one for less if you look hard enough.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MUFFL...Q5fAccessories

Old 07-19-2010, 04:14 PM

maximus-yes it sounded fine amd yeah i cant weld, lol. is the ebay link a OEM muffler? what brands would you recommend?

chris- is it a axelback? and what brand and stuff