General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

HOW SAFE TO KEEP A CIVIC ON THE STREET?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 08:22 AM
Default RE: HOW SAFE TO KEEP A CIVIV ON THE STREET?

ORIGINAL: Cappelle

This is a funny topic hahah every one talking about bats and guns hahaha... A friends friend got his deck stolen a bunch of times so he put razor blades on the inside of it some how and then when they tried it again they got all cut up and he got charged..... stupid eh.
Forget where it is that you can install alarms that burn the guy triing to steal your car i see the picture on the news one time... they had a bar along the bottom of the car looked like a running board kind of anyway when the alarm went off it would shoot flames up.... i think it would trash your car... after it burned up a few thiefs though... if i was not some kind of joke in the frist place...
that is real, but it is in Africa. it is legal to install there becuase of the extreme high crime rate and amount car jackings that go on. they also have another one that has these samurai looking sword blades that pivot out from under the sides of the car and chop the jacker's feet off above the ankles. that would be a funny site, car jacker trying to run home on stumps holding his feet in in his hands. my only concern with that is what if you accidently trip your own alarm one day getting in the car. not good

Old 06-06-2005, 08:26 AM

ORIGINAL: mill$civic

someone asked how to break into a civic if they got there keys locked in?..i dont think that you will be able too, I work at a towing company and when people get there keys locked in,were the ones they call (not me,im just a dispatcher), but anyways, apparenlty from what the tow truck drives say, they are really really hard cars to get into and there using the proper tools to do it and have a book that shows them how
um no, especially the older ones. very esy to get into. my friend showed me on the 88-91 models all you have to do is lay on the ground reach up through the engine compartment and pop the hood. bye bye unbolted engine components. and the doors arent much harder, the coat hanger trick does work.

Old 06-06-2005, 08:35 AM

more post whorishness. i forgot to add... i lost the key to my hatchback. called the local locksmith. rekeying is possible but it costs around 90.00 to make a new one. dayum. but, someone suggested i call a honda dealership to get a new key. i thought that was kind of a dumb idea since the only one near me was not the one my car came from. i called anyway out of desperation. amazingly they carry every key for every damn honda made, in stock! all i had to do was bring them the vin number, proof of insurance and registration, and my license to prove it is my car. it only cost 5.00 and the had it ready for me in 3 minutes. they also told me there were only 15 different key styles for my car, dont know about any other generation. so that means my key will unlock one in every 15 honda civics from 1991.

Old 06-06-2005, 09:02 AM
HCF Member

Man, this topic brings back some painful memories.[:@] In 2001 my wife and I went away on vacation to Colorado Springs only to come back to no Civic. I didn't have an alarm (was going to get one next week) so the guy that jacked it had a universal Honda key and just hopped in, started it up and took off. He was pulled over for speeding and went to jail. I had to pay $220 to get it out of impound, only to have it stolen the next day again!![:@] This time the cops found it on the southside with no wheels, stereo, speakers, door panels, odometer, they even took my jack and spare tire, even my wax and vacuum in the trunk. Insurance company had to cut me a $4500 check and I still couldn't get everything fixed. I guess the first theif called his homeboys to get the job done.

Edit: Oh and they jacked up my steering column too. Had to get a come along to straighten it back out. My steering wheel will not lock anymore. Not to mention my window lining being all chewed up from them sticking whatever it was in my door trying to get in.[:@]

Old 06-06-2005, 09:29 AM
HCF Member

my friend showed me on the 88-91 models all you have to do is lay on the ground reach up through the engine compartment and pop the hood
Is your friend Mr. Fantastic or something? Does he have children sized hands? What tools did he use? I'm very curious because I spent an hour trying to to that when my hood latch got disconnected from the cable. I determined it was impossible. Secondly, with such a low profile, how did he fit underneath, or did he use a jack?

Old 06-06-2005, 12:54 PM

ha ha, yes he is a munchkin. seriously, i dont remember. have to look at the car to tell you. when i get home i'll get back with you on that. sorry

Old 06-07-2005, 10:58 AM
Recognized HCF Member

ORIGINAL: MugenLegend

I say stay in thr car one night, down in the backseat where thay can't see you. Then if you see/hear somebody come up to mess with your ride put a gun in thier face.
[sm=lildevil.gif][sm=lildevil.gif][sm=lildevil.gif][sm=lildevil.gif][sm=lildevil.gif][sm=lildevil.gif][sm=lildevil.gif]

Old 06-14-2005, 02:30 AM

ORIGINAL: MugenLegend

I say stay in thr car one night, down in the backseat where thay can't see you. Then if you see/hear somebody come up to mess with your ride put a gun in thier face.
this reminds me of all those horror movies when the lady gets in the car and starts driving, and then some creepy guy pops up in the back seat.

i'm lucky, on my street there are a lot of si's and nice accords, most of which don't have alarms. if anyone ever came after my sohc rice rod i probably wouldn't have to worry about much, they'd have to be pretty retarded to steal the slowest, most obscene cop-attracting honda on the block.

Old 06-14-2005, 03:27 AM
Default RE: HOW SAFE TO KEEP A CIVIC ON THE STREET?

Immobilizer! Best bang for the buck.

Old 06-14-2005, 05:23 PM
HCF Member

like someone said earlier, i think a civic is the #3 stolen car. i learned that in drivers ed this summer!! i have got to get an alarm for my car....