General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Passenger Lock not Locking Automatically

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 08:16 PM
HCF Member
Default Passenger Lock not Locking Automatically

My cars Power Locks are very interesting. When i bought the car the power locks wouldn't work at all for either side, when i press the lock button it would attempt to unlock or lock the door but it couldn't because it appeared like it didn't have enough strength to lower or raise the lock which would sound like a motor problem, so i was locking my door like the old 93-97 hondas i had where they had that safety technique of having to hold down the lock with one finger and locking the door with the handle with your other hand to actually lock the door. When i programed my keyless entry remote that i bought from ebay, the driver side lock and unlocks perfectly but the passenger side is completely dead. Since the driver side works just fine now is it possible the passenger side motor is fine aswell and something else could be the reason why the passenger lock is not working?

I would just like to see if i can fix this little issue without having to buy a new motor as when people will get in my car they have a tendency to forget to lock their side of the door after i ask them to remember to lock the door when they get out.

Last edited by WILMER007; 12-28-2008 at 08:20 PM.
Old 12-28-2008, 08:37 PM
Recognized HCF Member

Remover the door panel and check whether connecting battery power to the lock actuator triggers it to lock or unlock the door. If so, check the lock switch in both doors.