General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Replacement mirror

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 07:41 AM
Default Replacement mirror

So my gf's car was hit by a drunken cyclist last night, she wasn't home, but a witness left a note, but the offender was long gone. So her driver side mirror is severely f'ed up, and will need to be replaced. She has a 08 coupe (not sure which model, probably a LX or DX), with a power mirror. Looking online I find a few that say "unpainted". Her car is black, and the mirror is black, but I found one that says "can be painted or installed as-is". Does anyone know where we could find one that would replace the busted mirror, already painted, and match the other? Unfortunately I won't be able to see the car for a few days and would love to order a mirror to install then if anyone has any tips!

Thanks!

Old 08-11-2009, 08:58 AM

Junkyards are out since it's so new. Best I can suggest is to check ebay and HOPE some poor fool wrecked an 08 and is parting it out. That, or buy one that can be painted. If you're really that into looks, mask off the mirror part and spray paint it gloss black. Then clear coat it. You can rattle can it Wal Mart style for cheap or toss one on as-is.

Honestly, with it being so new... I would wanna keep the resale value intact. So I would get an OEM replacement and take it to a paint shop, have them paint it (should be under $100 to paint, probably less for the 100% color match), and install yourself (not hard at all).

Old 09-12-2009, 07:05 PM

So got a replacement mirror, now I just gotta figure out how to take the old one off. No visable bolts, so i'm assuming they're under a plastic cover.... now any idea how I get that off? Are they any diagrams online that anyone knows of?

Old 09-12-2009, 07:09 PM
gwl
HCF Member

Some OEM replacements are already painted. My exgirlfriend's Matrix mirror was already painted ordered from the dealer. It was around 250 bucks.

Looks like the cover is held on by clips. A simple prying will pull them off.

http://www.hondapartscheap.com/south...t=0&quantity=0

Last edited by gwl; 09-12-2009 at 07:12 PM.
Old 09-12-2009, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Offspring
So got a replacement mirror, now I just gotta figure out how to take the old one off. No visable bolts, so i'm assuming they're under a plastic cover.... now any idea how I get that off? Are they any diagrams online that anyone knows of?
Just pull that plastic cover off. It pops right off with no problem. There are 3 nuts under it. Pull those off and you're good to go. Reinstallation is reverse.