General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Robear Racing Complications?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 10:17 AM
HCF Member
Default Robear Racing Complications?

Has anyone else ever had a customer service issue with Robear Racing? I ordered an exhaust from them on January 2nd, and never recieved an email that it had shipped. So I emailed them, and they said the exhausts were out of stock, which was news to me. He said they would be in and he would get it out the first week of February. I had nothing to lose, so I decided to wait. Well, that week has passed, and I've tried to contact him twice. So far both tries have been unsuccessful.

It is safe to say that I will not be ordering from them again. Has anybody else had a similar issue? I've read mostly good things about them online.

Old 02-09-2009, 12:48 PM
HCF Member
Old 04-20-2011, 02:23 PM

hes not that bad, i did get something that does not even look like the picture, but that could be a change on the manufactures part, i got a titanium finish NRG engine damper, the picture shows gold ends and same color brackets as shaft. the shaft was titanium, the ends were silver and the brackets were silver the one bracket didn't even fit the mount properly. his biz card was inside package, meaning he opened the box, so who knows what was taken out or replaced. the damper was not tied down all the way, very loose.

Last edited by 2lazeblue; 04-22-2011 at 10:40 AM. Reason: got part
Old 04-21-2011, 10:00 AM

Never heard of them and never will go outside of eBay unless I have to. You don't have to worry about this **** when buying name brand products off of eBay.

Good luck with everything and keep us posted.

Old 04-21-2011, 01:35 PM
HCF Member
Smile

Originally Posted by cvcrcr99
Never heard of them and never will go outside of eBay unless I have to. You don't have to worry about this **** when buying name brand products off of eBay.

Good luck with everything and keep us posted.
Yea, I'm with you on Ebay. They have their problems but I have had great luck buying off of their site over the years. Customer Service these days will break you if you don't stay on top of it. This guy ROBEAR just over a few things has his name blasted all over the net now as not being a good place to buy.

Old 04-22-2011, 10:45 AM

ebay aint that good either, a friend of mine bought a laptop and got a phonebook. i would rather buy direct, i'm done with these little guys.

Old 04-22-2011, 01:02 PM

^^Your friend is an idiot for not doing anything about it via PayPal. I assume his filed a claim? PayPal is very good (IMO) with helping eBay buyers. I received a broken part and within 20 hours, I had a refund automatically sent to me from eBay.

Buy off of eBay, you have eBay protection, PayPal protection, and CC/Bank protection on the purchase.

Buy off a site like ROBEAR, you only have CC/Bank protection.

eBay sellers have a rating system which allows them to gain access to discounts up to 20% on listings/final value fees. Even one negative feedback rating will destroy what took months to gain (selling volume, satisfaction ratings, and much more), so they do not screw around. /story