Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

03 civic si - no tail,dash,marker or parking lights

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2016, 05:33 PM
Default 03 civic si - no tail,dash,marker or parking lights

Hey all

I have ran into a problem that is giving me fits. i have 2 weeks to fix it because i am moving my family out west because of medical reasons. we are taking my civic si and i have very limited funds, so i gotta fix this myself.

i was replacing my marker light bulbs with led light bulbs when this happened. the person who owned it before me had already modded the lights with aftermarket markers. i replaced the back drivers side bulb and it was working great. i yanked the front drivers marker and noticed there was no light socket and the wires melted together some time ago. i moved to the passenger rear marker which was working and removed the bulb.

this is when i noticed the rear marker i just replaced not working. and then i noticed i had no tail, dash or marker lights in my headlights. my turn sigs and bright/dims work fine

i checked all the fuses with a multimeter and they are all good. i am not getting voltage to the marker lights nor am i getting voltage at the fuses for the day lights either....when the lights are switched on.

does anyone have any ideas?