Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Trouble Starting 1991 Civic DX

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 12:08 PM
Unhappy Trouble Starting 1991 Civic DX

Howdy. I have a beloved old light blue Civic that is just about 320,000 miles old. It's been a great car to me. Recently, I've had a few problems from leaving the car several days without using it. This problem in particular has become extremely drawn-out and I'm at the end of my rope.

I describe this as concisely as possible. A month ago I replaced everything from the distributor coil to the spark plugs. Then, when I knocked out the passenger front window and had to replace it, the car sat for 5 days until got it fixed. Left the key in the on position the whole time like a dummy. That was fine because the battery was bad anyway. So I replaced it and the 60 amp fuse in the hood fusebox, which was blown. Still won't start. The starter is in good shape and it's turning over. I have gotten the engine to putter with the key in the start position a few times, but it will not run on its own.

This is everything I've checked:
-All fuses. All good.
-Fuel pump is priming in the back.
-No cracked hoses in the front, no fuel leakage on the ground.
-I am getting sparks to all four spark plugs.
-Just replaced the small fuel regulator on the driver side of the throttle body. It wasn't working properly.
-I haven't had any compression issues since the engine was rebuilt around 160k miles.

The last thing I know of would be the injector main relay. Any other suggestions? This thing needs to get back on the road soon. I would greatly appreciate any advice. Thanks all,

Bennette

Last edited by BCivicS; 09-08-2012 at 12:11 PM.