New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Fuel Low Qty Indicator

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 01:57 PM
Default Fuel Low Qty Indicator

I have a 2000 civic LX. The light for the Low Fuel Indicator does not come on.
When I first turn the ignition key, some of the indicators light, such as oil press, brake, but not all indicators.
Should all the lights on the dashboard come on?
Thanks

Old 08-27-2008, 02:02 PM
Recognized HCF Member

You'll find useful information at this thread:

https://www.hondacivicforum.com/foru...ad.php?t=69241

Old 08-27-2008, 03:53 PM
HCF Member

One thing I dislike about these cars is that the "low fuel" light only comes on for me when Im SERIOUSLY low on gas!!!! The only time Ive ever in my whole life that Ive had to PUSH a car is with this ciVic.... the light comes on way too late IMO. So My point is, if you happen to see the light, GET GAS FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!!!!!!!!

Old 08-27-2008, 04:03 PM
Recognized HCF Member

Originally Posted by babyivan
One thing I dislike about these cars is that the "low fuel" light only comes on for me when Im SERIOUSLY low on gas!!!!
For my 97 and 00 Civic, the light turns ON when there is about 2 gallons (~60 miles) left in the tank.

Old 08-27-2008, 04:09 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by RonJ
For my 97 and 00 Civic, the light turns ON when there is about 2 gallons (~60 miles) left in the tank.
Lucky you, cause I always thought that my "low fuel' indicator was no good.... but when I saw it light up, I got excited, but I had about 1/2 a gallon left(maybe less), and I parked and when to visit a friend... but when I got back into the car, it wouldn't start, I had to push it to the nearest gas station....WTF!!! The light came on WAY to late for me!!!

Old 08-27-2008, 04:42 PM
Recognized HCF Member

i can usualy get at least 20miles when my low fuel light typicaly comes on with my 99civic....
best thing i would suggest is get a small gas tank put at least 2 gallons in it and just put it in the trunk, then when the low fuel light comes on slightly glowing then trip the milage gauge and see how far you can go on the low fuel light being on..... it will get brighter the lower the fuel gets. as soon as she dies pull over and pour the small gas tank into it and go on your way knowing approximate mileage you might be able to go...

its not always good to push it that far BUT IMO its good to know approximately how far you can go before she outright dies... some cars gas gauges are off and youll never know till it just dies on you.
like my dads old cutless he had i was driving it and the gauge JUST VERLY touched the first red mark and the car cut off! its good to know to NEVER GET THAT LOW AGAIN!!!!
i still have to fully test out my 96dx because i have no idea if it works or not....
only thing that sucks is if the car dies when your in a hurry to do something.

Old 08-27-2008, 04:49 PM
HCF Member

/\+1 on that!
when I ran out of gas with my ciVic, the needle was NOT pinned on empty.... but the odd thing is, the tank previous, the needle showed empty, but I stilll had atleast 2 gallons left.
It's not good to run modern vehicles too low(something about the fuel lubricating/cooling the fuel pump.

Old 08-27-2008, 04:57 PM
Recognized HCF Member

it might not be GOOD.... but runing it empty once wont hurt anything...
it also depends on how the car is angled depends if the fuel light will come on at different times. just one of those things when that sucker does come on you typicaly want to take your @ss to the gas station as soon as posible