New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

new to this forum....

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 04:23 AM
Default RE: new to this forum....

wish i was in the bay area seems as though all the vendors and cool stuff in your area ie...cheap electronics and bodykits,rims
ORIGINAL: psychocivic

thats cool. i'm in the bay area, california. any good brands to go with? what about camber kits?

Old 08-25-2005, 05:51 AM

ORIGINAL: psychocivic
do you like the dx model or something?
Yeh, I'm lookin to buy a 2000 Hatch. Wanna get either a DX or SE and then do an engine swap. I wanna end up with a base engine with at least 160HP in it.

Old 08-25-2005, 06:17 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Welcome aboard. What do you mean "when your girlfriend gets her license"? What is she 15?

Old 08-25-2005, 10:35 AM

yea i know a few people around the bay to hook me up with parts and stuf. my buddy got me rims and tires for 800 bucks, normally they would have cost around 1200-1500. so thats nice. no my girlfriend isn't 15 she is turning 23 in sep. but she used to live in new york and never needed a license cause she always took the trains around there. but no in cali you have to drive wherever you want to go. anyone know of a good place to get a blitz body kit for my car? i hear they have to custom make it and all. i was hoping to find a vendor to just buy from and install it myself.

Old 08-25-2005, 10:40 AM
HCF Member

Welcome to HCF! Good Luck with your girlfriend's car. Keep us posted on the mods...

Old 08-25-2005, 01:12 PM
Laced with Sarcasm

haha, i was just messing with you man, i figured there was a logical reason.

Old 08-25-2005, 03:17 PM
HCF Member

hey, if you get a bunch of parts together and come up to Sacramento, ill help you install them for hella cheap.

Old 08-25-2005, 06:05 PM

thanks for the offer, but for the most part i will be able to install everything myself. i may need help with lowering it tho. once i get to working directly on the engine i may need help then too but not sure yet. but yea i'll keep you guys posted on is installed and future ideas. as for whats done right now.......17" DRAG rims, altezza taillights, and angel headlights. as you can see right now i'm just working on the appearance. more for my girlfriends sake. to finish up the appearance i will need to lower it, body kit (with a paint job of course) and under body lights. i'm thinking of also shving the handles and getting a cf hood. maybe some z3 fenders(not sure tho cuz everyone has them). after that i will get to work on the engine. first i'm going to get dc racing headers, tsudo exhaust, and aem CAI all at once. so that will be nice to see a performance boost. after that i will be doing either intake manifold and throttle body or mini-me swap(still reading up on what and how a mini-me swap is). after that it just depends on what i feel like.

Old 08-25-2005, 11:03 PM
HCF Member

cool man, sounds like youve got a plan set. you might want to reconsider some of the bodywork though. keep it simpler. cops will harass you relentlessly, and if it gets old, its REALLY expensive to change.

Old 08-25-2005, 11:19 PM

what about a cf hood? i might wanna get one for looks. not a pure cf but the ones made with fiberglass first. i'm not quite turning this into a race car. but i do want to enter it into little car shows. i have seen people enter their cars into shows just because they threw a few lights inside and out....i have already done lights inside now i just need lights outside and underneath, maybe some in the engine bay. so i figure once i have all my stuff done to it, it will look really clean and glowing in blue. once i get a paint job i will post more pix of all the lights around the car.