New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Newbie from Cincinnati

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 01:56 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Originally Posted by Chuckles'_LS
yeah i must have worded it wrong. Some plp tell me to go with a b16 head, others say go with the gsr b18c1. I will read up on them to see what is more reliability and has more potential to handle power or boost.
I havent decided on the color yet once I decide the color then i will go into detail as far as flake or pearl, because one color may look nice with flake while another wont. To may decisions to choose from. I think I may shock everyone and go with pearlescent white that cadillac makes, escalades look so sexy with that color.

Im glad to hear that everyone is laid back, I know naturally ppl will put mods on their car that i may not like and i may do things to my car that other ppl dont like, I do appreciate any imput but when ppl start bashing other ppls rides hardcore is when i get pissed, that's kinda why i started looking for a new forum to join. You drive your car, i drive mine, Ill tell ya if i ain't feelin' something but i wont try to make you hang your self or anything by talking down to you.
Food for thought: the B16 head flows slightly better than the c1 head.

But yeah, that's pretty much the attitude we have around here; if we're not feelin' your car, we'll let you know (some more than others... stu.) but rarely does anyone flame.

Old 08-24-2009, 03:50 PM
Recognized HCF Member

"sigs the size limit is 500 by 250"

yours is
498px × 125px

your signature picture is fine.

Old 08-24-2009, 08:16 PM

Welcome!

The swap looks like a pretty damn clean install.

I have a suggestion for you, take it or leave it, do what you want with it... but the clear corners, I think these ones would look much better. Same basic thing, except they have the same lens as stock, except clear, so it looks so clean that you wouldn't know it didn't come on the car if you didn't know any better.
On my old Civic, I had the ones you had but I didn't like them so much so I tried these, and they flowed really well.

A word of advice:
I wouldn't recommend using those blue tinted turn signal bulbs (even if they actually give off a white light), they are liable to attract LEOs. They have silver tinted ones available that give off a white light, and that's what I would recommend if you want them to give off white light.

Old 08-25-2009, 01:21 PM
HCF Member

Wester Hills, Dater? Not familiar with it.
I'm from Anderson, Anderson High School haha
I'm actually now doing my teaching internship at St. Xavier, so that's pretty cool

Welcome to the forums, they're good people
for the most part

Old 08-26-2009, 04:59 AM
HCF Member

Yeah I dont care for any clear corners, they were on the car when i purchased it. Im going to get some amber ones sooner or later, its not at the top of my list to worry about right now. But thanks for the suggestion.
Dater is in the western Hills area. I know a few ppl who went to St. X.