SilverStar bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 09:31 PM
Default SilverStar bulbs

I posted a thread a few days ago in another area asking for advice on the quality of these bulbs. Well, I just installed them and they look great! They really are a lot brighter than the OEM ones. What a great alternative to spending $250 and ^ on an HID system, especially if you're like me and want to get some mods under the hood done on a budget.

Installation on a 2004 Ex Coupe will take you some time. You have to remove the battery on the pass. side to get those in, and on the drivers side, you have to move the power steering resivoir outta the way (not disc. though) to get to them! The turn signal bulbs which I will do later this week, require the removal of the inner lining of the wheel well. Not that big o' deal unless its less than 30 degrees outside and you don't have a garage!

***Word of advice, have a right angle screwdriver ready for this one, it is a must to get around the windshield washer resivoir neck...a stubby won't cut it! Thanks for those who let me know about these awesome twinklers, now I have the coin for the V2 next week!

Old 01-17-2006, 10:50 AM
Default RE: SilverStar bulbs

also here is a tip you sould include.

dont touch the bulb with your bare hands. the grease will heat up and blow them.

Old 01-17-2006, 02:38 PM

True, I used gloves on my install, and still didn't touch the bulbs.

Old 01-22-2006, 02:55 AM
HCF Member

i've put new bulbs in mine, but i didn't move the battery... i think you're working too hard... haha

Old 02-08-2006, 10:34 PM

i've been driving around with one stock and one silverstare bulb. I can't tell the difference honestly. the only thing i've noticed is one is slightly yellow. the other is clear. But I might almost say my stock bulb is britter. Unless the stock bulb is holding back the Silverstare.

Old 04-15-2006, 12:44 PM

There is definitely no difference in the brightness of the OEM and the SilverStar bulb. In fact, that is mandated, all interchangeable bulbs have to meet government regulations on brightness. Yes, the SS burns "hotter" than the regular bulb, just like the packaging says, but this is mearly a rating of how "white" the light is. For ~$30 they are okay if you just want a different look. I do have to say that they are much more curteous to the other drivers on the road than a real HID system.

You don't need to remove the batter or power steering fluid resevoir. You're just a baby.

And everyone knows not to touch the bulb. It's on the packaging itself.

Old 07-16-2006, 05:46 PM

Yeah, the Silverstars suck. Just go to any mod shop, and get some $20Xenon Bulbs, way nicer to look at

Old 08-01-2006, 08:20 PM
HCF Member

When I switched in my HIDs it was a beast because of that stupid battery and whatnot. I'm 6'4 260, my hands are waaay to big to be squeezing between car parts.

Old 08-02-2006, 02:24 PM
HCF Member

Yeah, the Silverstars suck. Just go to any mod shop, and get some $20Xenon Bulbs, way nicer to look at
Eeeeaaaasy killer...If you would put a car with silverstars next to a car with the xenons you are talking about you probably wouldn't be able to tell any noticable difference between them.

But in all seriousness, most aftermarket lights (excluding HID's) are all really the same, they all meet the same standards, they will all be the same brightness (or very close), the only difference is the color, and I would much rather have the white light of silverstars than many other blue-ish aftermarket lights.

Old 10-12-2006, 11:36 PM

whoaa SS are the best.. dont get the hyper white ricer look lights... save up and buy the mcculloch HID kit from Importparts.com say its part of the honda-tech GB an theyll sell it to you a whole kit for 280 shipped to your door with a lifetime warranty on bulbs and ballasts... its totally worth it oh and get 5000k they are the best for visual and looks

oh yea but i do agree with the suck part only when it rains.. they suck major .. if its raining u cant see anything

Quick Reply: SilverStar bulbs