Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

**Audio Expert Needed!!!**

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 04:14 PM
HCF Member
Default **Audio Expert Needed!!!**

I know i've already asked a couple ?'s on this but i need to clarify. I have all my door panels and rear seats and everything outta my car and all my audio components ready to install:

kenwood kdc628 headunit.
two 12" Alpine Type-S Subs (300 rms and 900 peak per sub: dvc 4ohm.)
two 6x9 Alpine Type R Speakers (55 rms and 275 peak per speaker: 4ohm)
two kenwood 6.5" front speakers with component tweeters (50 rms and 200 peak per speaker: 4 ohm)

I have a Q-logic Box for the subs and a Hifonics Bx605 amp (1 channel, 600 watts rms x 1 @ 1 ohm) Here how i think i'm supposed to wire the subs?
[IMG][/IMG]

Then i have a 4 channel Hifonics ZX4400 amp for the front and rear speakers (4 channel, 55 x 4 wattts rms @ 4ohm)

I have no idea how to wire everything from head unit to amps to speakers and subs, and i dont know if im supposed to connect the amps in any way or how to wire to the battery so any help is appreciated.

Thanks Very Much,
Shane

Old 09-26-2005, 04:22 PM
Default RE: **Audio Expert Needed!!!**

I can help you with everything you need but I get very confused when I look at your post with all the questions.

Post 1 qustion at a time and I will answer.

Old 09-26-2005, 04:41 PM
HCF Member

ok is the way i showed how to wire up the subs goin to yield a 1 ohm impedence?

Old 09-26-2005, 05:31 PM

Youll use option1

Next question please

Old 09-26-2005, 05:57 PM
HCF Member

haha thanks...um so next question. Yeah so how do i wire up the front and rear speakers? Thanks LEVIII.

Old 09-26-2005, 06:25 PM

there are several ways to do it.

1. Run new speaker wires to the speakers from the amp. This is by far the hardest.

2. Run 4 sets of wires fro mthe amp up to where the deck is and cut the speaker wires going from the deck to the car and hook them up to the car side of the wires. this way the speaker signal will go from the amp, to the deck and into the stock wires where it them gets distrubuted via the stock wiring to each speaker. I like doing it this way.

3. Run new wires along with an extra set up to the rear 6X9s in your rear deck. hook one set to the actual speakers and the other set to the speaker wires that used to be connected to the 6X9s. Then go to the front behind the deck agian and connect the left rear speaker wires to the front left speaker wires and repeat for the right. This is easiest and probbly easiest to mess up and get confuse to.

Next question, but I am on my way to a poker tourny but I should be back around 9 cali time.

Old 09-26-2005, 06:29 PM
HCF Member

ok...Option 3 confuses me and should i use option 2 because the stock wire is so tiny and i have an amp wiring kit with all 4 guage stuff...

Old 09-26-2005, 07:39 PM
HCF Member

I dont see why your stock wire wouldnt do unless you plan to run literally 300 watts + in your car per speaker.

Old 09-26-2005, 10:15 PM
HCF Member

my infinity kappa components arent even amped......just got crossovers, the headunit is fine tuned for them, not much bass coming out of em, but overall system sounds great.

Old 09-26-2005, 10:42 PM

For the amp. You'll need to run a power wire from the battery to the amp. Probably 8 gauge if you running two amps. Get an inline fuse for the power wire. 30 amp minimum. Go buy a harness adapter to plugs into the stock radio harness. That's what I did on my 02'. Run two sets of RCA cords to the trunk. I guess that's where your mounting them. Ground both of the amps to the body. Find a metel place under the trunk carpet to ground them. Make sure you clean the area. Use a screw to mount the ground wire. On your head unit. There will be one wire that needs constant power, one with ign. power, a ground, four sets of speaker wires and a remote wire or power ant. All wires should be labeled on aftermarket harness. Once you get a harness adapt. you can just replace all the F and R speakers using the stock wire. Just run the output speaker wires from the amp up to the radio and connect them to the ones on the harness going to the speakers. Run a wire to the amp and connect it to the remote wire on the head unit and your done. You can do it in whatever order you want. Oh yea, disconnect the battery before you start. Good luck.

Quick Reply: **Audio Expert Needed!!!**