Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

**Audio Expert Needed!!!**

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 11:18 PM
Default RE: **Audio Expert Needed!!!**

ORIGINAL: 01CivicEX

ok...Option 3 confuses me and should i use option 2 because the stock wire is so tiny and i have an amp wiring kit with all 4 guage stuff...
The stock wire is fine. It would be better to run new wire to the speakers but it is a whole bunch more work and I dont think its worth the payoff youd get.

3 is confusing, basically you have completly new speaker wire from the amp to the 6X9s in the rear. Thats how the rears work. Then, you have new wire going to the stock speaker wire that used to be connected to the rear 6X9s, and the sound goes through that to the deck where you dissconnect it from the deck and connect it to the front speaker wires so it goes though the stock wire to the speakers.

Old 09-26-2005, 11:28 PM

ORIGINAL: gunmetal

For the amp. You'll need to run a power wire from the battery to the amp. Probably 8 gauge if you running two amps.
Youll need at least 4 awg, but I belive you said you have that already.

Get an inline fuse for the power wire. 30 amp minimum.
For 2 amps at least, at least a 60 amp for both.

Go buy a harness adapter to plugs into the stock radio harness.

Very very very good idea. I belive it is Metra part number 70-1721.

Run two sets of RCA cords to the trunk.
I think your deck has 3 sets of preouts so you should run 3.

Ground both of the amps to the body. Find a metel place under the trunk carpet to ground them. Make sure you clean the area. Use a screw to mount the ground wire.
Good here but triple check you wont go thourgh the gas tank. Ive seen it way more then I ever should have.

On your head unit. There will be one wire that needs constant power, one with ign. power, a ground, four sets of speaker wires and a remote wire or power ant. All wires should be labeled on aftermarket harness.
If you get that harness you just have to match, red, yellow, and black. The white, purple, gray, and green and smae with stripes are all speakers. SInce you have an amp you wont match these colors.

Run a wire to the amp and connect it to the remote wire on the head unit and your done.
Make sure you connect it to the blue/white and not the plain blue

Old 05-31-2007, 04:43 AM

I wish I would have known about how to wire my front doors the easy way. I went ahead and used new wires and actually cut 2 tiny holes in the sides of my doors. It works well, and the wires are out of the way, but the wires are visable when the doors are open. I think maybe after readin this post I may consider using the stock wire to have my wires hidden. The only thing is I have a cross over, how would I go about connecting that to the stock wire without having to put the cross over in my door?

Old 05-31-2007, 07:30 AM

I think you guys even lost me with the install tips lol.

PM me if you got a ? cuz I'm lost in this thread.

Old 05-31-2007, 07:37 AM
HCF Member

Brains Brains.....

Thread from the dead