Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

07 civic double din kit

Old 12-11-2010, 02:45 PM
Default 07 civic double din kit

I have an 07 civic si. I've installed a metra double din radio. My concern is that the metra kit I used puts the radio on a semi-steep angle and it's kinda hard to see. I know the factory radio sticks out and level much more. Does anyone know where I could find an oem looking kit to replace my akward metra one?

Thanks

Old 12-11-2010, 03:55 PM

The Metra kit looks to be a good one. Can you post a picture of the effect you mean? It might be as simple as using some washers between some screws to make the angle less harsh.

Old 12-13-2010, 02:08 PM
HCF Member

the metra kit is almost exactly the same as the factory radio delete dash. there is no other kit available to fix the issue. maybe you should pickup a kenwood double din with a -1 screen angle.

Old 01-25-2011, 12:41 PM
HCF Member

Well I had to change my user name to post... but what I think I'll have to do is fiberglass metra's dash to sit the radio more level. I don't know how to post pics on here... if anyone could help with that, I'll do it.

I have a Kenwood 5160 nav unit that sits on angle. Even dropping in a 7160 would still put it on an angle, it just wouldn't be as steep. The factory dash does bulk the radio out a lil bit more, but has the radio sitting more horizontal (level) than what it is.

Again, if someone can explain to me how I load pics, I'll do so.

Thanks.

Old 01-25-2011, 05:01 PM
HCF Member

Here is the radio in my car. Notice how it sits back in the dash and on an angle. I do know that the factory nav is more horizontal and doesn't stick back as far.

From research I've done, I think I'm gonna have to make my own kit from this to bring the radio forward and level a bit more.

Attached Thumbnails 07 civic double din kit-img00024.jpg  
Old 01-26-2011, 09:17 PM
HCF Member

like i said, check to see if your local dealer has the factory radio delete dash (this is the same as the factory nav dash) in stock and take your kit with you to compare.

Old 01-27-2011, 06:56 AM
HCF Member

Hey cobb,

I have compared them, and thats where this seed got planted... The factory radio sits more level than mine... it is what it is. Wonder if I buy a nav kit from the dealer, if I can mod it to fit my kenwood? Gonna find out soon.

Old 01-27-2011, 08:58 AM
HCF Member

You can buy the panel from the factory that fits around the nav unit. But that's really the only other kit out there. Just make sure you buy the nav radio brackets too since you will need them to mount the aftermarket unit. The only problem with the factory panel is that there may be a small gap between the panel and the radio.

Old 01-27-2011, 03:06 PM
HCF Member

i remember there being a double din kit that would bolt to the radio and snap in place, i used it on my old civic, and metra lists the same kit for my car that it does for the nav dash in your car. but it seems metra and scosche don't make them any longer.

Old 01-27-2011, 07:55 PM
HCF Member

Thanks for the advice. I went on ebay and looked for factory nav bezels. If needed, I'll purchases the ears from the dealer (they come separately I assume?)... and reinstall my deck that way. The Metra kit just sits back to far for my likings.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 07 civic double din kit