Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

2012 Civic USB Music Shuffle Issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 03:38 PM
Default 2012 Civic USB Music Shuffle Issues

Hello all -

First time Civic owner here, just got a new 2012 Civic LX. I was excited when I saw that my new card had a usb port in it and quick snagged up a 64 gb Sandisk Cruzer flash drive to load up all my music. My entire catalog of music took up about 21gb from my flash drive, I have somewhere around 480 albums on it. I'm very indecisive when it comes to selecting what album I'd like to hear so I always just throw on shuffle and let the device decide for me. After about a half an hour of using shuffle on my flash drive in my Civic I'd noticed that it was only shuffling amongst artists A-H, and was omitting everyone else. When I manually scroll, I-Z artists are all there, and play fine, but for some reason while shuffling it only picks artists who start with A-H. I can't for the life of me figure out why, and searched google numerous times trying to find a solution, or at least someone with a similar issue, but to no avail. Does anyone have any ideas that could help?? Anyone else experience this?? I appreciate any help. It's not a BIG deal, I can still listen to my entire music library, I just want it shuffle through the whole thing.