Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

2014 Instrumentation and Controls

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 07:30 AM
Default 2014 Instrumentation and Controls

We just got a 2014 Civic EX for my wife. Is it just me or is it really silly that this car has no temperature gauge, no ammeter, no voltage read out and no oil pressure gauge, but is has at least four ways to tell you your fuel consumption and three clocks. Oh, but it does have a giant tachometer - that is completely useless since the car has a CVT and controlling the RPMs really isn't a function of the driver any more.

Throw in all the touch screen BS and I feel like taping a sheet of brown paper over the entire dashboard whenever I drive the car.

Old 12-04-2014, 05:42 AM
Default Wallpaper?

One of the "wonderful" features of the Civic dashboard is that you can customize the display of the information panel and put a picture there. How about a nice photo of a puppy? I ALWAYS wanted on of those on my car's dash.

Seriously, what about a temperature gauge, or ammeter? Certainly the car's computer has all this information. Is there anyone developing software that could be loaded into the car's computer to display this information?

Old 12-06-2014, 01:06 PM

I share your frustration. I wish they would have given people the option of replacing that stupid eco friendly mpg crap on the right with a temp gauge. All the sensors are there. Why can't we just switch what info gets displayed? And usually by the time the temp idiot light comes on, the damage has already begun.

And the tach is just plain overkill. Who needs one with an automatic, especially one that takes up the entire dash?

I moved up from a 1988 Accord LX and here is what I miss in my Civic LX:

1.) Intermittent wipers
2.) Visor lights
3.) Visor extensions for blinding sunny days so I can swing them to the side to keep the sun out of my eyes.
4.) Glove box lock
5.) Rear seat fold down center arm rest with pass thru to the trunk.
6.) Cup holders in the rear (You have to buy inserts separately.)
7.) Temperature gauge
8.) Horn buttons

BTW, I uploaded a picture of my kitten.

Last edited by patruns; 12-06-2014 at 01:19 PM.