Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

is this a alirght amp?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 12:48 AM
Default is this a alirght amp?

is this amp any good? http://cgi.ebay.com/New-1600-Watt-2-...QQcmdZViewItem

all i need it for is powerin 2 12 kickers 400 rms.

any suggestions without spending out the ***. cause i got a xplod 500 watt amp, and it barely puts out enough power.

thanks

Old 01-28-2007, 01:41 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: is this a alirght amp?

it doesnt look too bad. ive never heard of pyramid (but that doesnt mean **** cuz i dont really know a lot) but its not a brand that seems to be well known, so its kinda risky. even 235 or whatever it said it was supposed to retail is really cheap for an amp that puts out that much power. but 80 bux for somethinglike that... just seems fishy. but hey, if you got it and it worked out for you. you got a hell of a deal. idk. what do you guys think?

Old 01-28-2007, 02:05 AM
HCF Member

ehh...i agree with billy.
although, they state that they include a 1 year warranty on top of pyramids...cant really beat that.
and for the price its a good deal

however, personally, i would buy a brand that i have heard of and trust, as those power ratings could be inaccurate and the quality of the amp is unknown.

Old 01-28-2007, 02:20 AM
HCF Member

everyone who bought from that company tho has hada positive response. no one seemed to complain about faulty products and everyone said their transactions went through without a hitch. for 80 bux.. it might be worth it to just buy it and see how it goes. i mean. if it doesnt work out good. 80 bux isnt all that much to be out. and if it works just fine. then you saved a whole bunch of money. id say go for it. even tho its a brand we aint heard of.. it still could be a pretty good quality.. and if it doesnt work out. sell it to some kid down the street or something and buy somethin worth havin.

Old 01-28-2007, 11:47 AM

ORIGINAL: badb0ybilly

everyone who bought from that company tho has hada positive response. no one seemed to complain about faulty products
I have a HUGE complaint. I had an 800w mono amp by pyramid a while back(before I knew better) and had it for count 'em: 4 DAYS before it blew. I didn't even get a chance to top it out. Ran i half-power for 4 days, and the so called warranty didn't cover it. Anything besides head units and DVD players from wal-mart are wastes of money man. Just don't do it

Old 01-28-2007, 11:48 AM
HCF Member

Pyramid is pawn shop (wholesale) ****, and you get what you pay for. Your sony amp is about 10 times better.

A good amp is upwards of 200-300 dollars, bottom line. It's also an investment, a good amp should last years without problems.

Spend 100 now and maybe get a year, or spend 300 on a decent amp and maybe get 10 years, not to mention more reliable service and support, and resale value.

Now I never really tell people to buy Fosgate stuff, since it went BestBuy, it lost some of its appeal, and is a little over-rated, however this amp is huge, and will get you 300 watts a channel, and can be bridged to 600 in 4 ohm mode. Keep an eye on it, if you can get it cheap it would be a pretty decent upgrade to the sony.

This is a great amp, that I don't have a problem suggesting to anyone. It's rather cheap at this site, I didn't look it over, so the seller might suck, but the amp is a sure thing.

This amp is decent, if you run at 2 ohms on your set-up, you will get plenty of power.

These suggestions are just some quick picks I found in a few minutes of checking E-bay. I would buy an amp off ebay, as long as the seller has alot of sales under their belt, and at least 95% positive feedbacks, I always scroll feedbacks to see what people post negatively. Usualy sellers have thousands of sales, and only ten's to low hundred negatives, which is ok with me, also look at the full auction information, including warranty info, and ask all questions before you bid.

These amps are all around 200 bucks, I can suggest some wonderful amps for 300+, let me know if you like one of them, or a certain brand.

Just don't buy Lanzar, Legacy, Pyramid, or Plye, it's all pawn shop, and a friend of mine caught his car on fire with a Pyle amp. Back when we were kids and thought 4000 watt amps actualy pushed 4000 watts.

Old 01-28-2007, 09:39 PM
B1

the Power Acoustik gothic seriesamps are pretty good and there not to pricy.Audiopipe makes some really good amps and there prices arnt to bad.

Old 01-28-2007, 09:44 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rockford-Fosgate...QQcmdZViewItem

now that amp, will it be like twice as loud as my one i have now? also in the description of the item is says "Tri-way capable (Tri-Way Crossover required) " does that mean that i gotta buy that to? or does it come with it?

thanks man, for helping me out there...........

Old 01-28-2007, 10:46 PM
HCF Member

Just looking at that picture they took there, of the side of it, looks like it has a crossover built in.

Not sure what the Tri-way deal is, didn't see it on fosgates site, might be something that was only around for a little while, not sure.

Anyway, I see the **** for the crossover frequency setting, and the switch for the Low Pass filter, I am pretty sure your all set.

It will run 300 RMS wattage to each sub if wired for 2 ohms, and bridged at 4 ohms it will run 300 per channel, either way its 300RMS, but raises the peak power, not to mention it will run cooler. The little bass remote thing is handy too, it really adds to the boom, I have a fosgate amp, I want a JL amp, but I am too cheap to buy one so I am holding out until the summer.

I think that fosgate amp is nice, I would trade mine for it in a heartbeat.

Old 01-29-2007, 10:52 AM

so you think i would have to buy the cross over thing? becuase im bidding on it now.

Quick Reply: is this a alirght amp?