Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

amps

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 07:32 AM
Default amps

I'm trying to figure out what brand amp I should get for my system.

Let's here what everyone's favorite amps are and why. Nothing to long, though...... if you feel that strong then just do a product review.

Old 06-13-2006, 03:38 PM
Default RE: amps

Everyone is going to have their own opinions on amps. I like SPL because of their power, reliability, price.... and it doens't hurt that I carry them for sale.

I've also always had luck with rockford amps. Friends have used JL, Orion, and others with good luck. I'd read some reviews.

Stay away from extremely cheap amps like pyle or pyramid, this are very overrated amps.

Old 06-13-2006, 11:37 PM

I'd check out Kicker. All of there amps are fanned cooled, and perform extremely well. I'm sure you'll hear some more good things about kicker. Check out some reviews on cardomain and crutchfield. In my opinion, when your ready to buy, go to a reputable dealer, and buy there own guarntee. So if you have any problems with it, you don't have to deal with it. I know circuit city offers them and so does bestbuy. It's just a fraction of the cost, and it will work out in the end. I had problems with my alpine amps purchased through Circuit City (when they carried Alpine) and they had me bring it in, and they gave me a gift card for the full amount I paid, because I had the two year plan. Well Worth it!

Old 06-14-2006, 02:46 PM
HCF Member

Directed Audio

Old 06-14-2006, 05:01 PM

had rockford for ever and never a problem i even sold my 6 year old amp to a freind who has had it for a couple of years and still nice

Old 06-14-2006, 06:00 PM

If you wanna go cheap (money wise ONLY) i'll go with Hifonics, they're good and realiable... Crossfire is way underrated, they make excellent amps, they would be my first option...

Other good brands are MTX, Polk Audio, Xtant, Zapco....

Old 06-14-2006, 06:28 PM

Man... I'm really surprised at what I'm hearin.... I was mainly looking at JL, Alpine, Audison, and Clarion, but I'm not hearing any of those.

Why is that?

Old 06-14-2006, 06:29 PM

Kenwood also..... don't forget those boys

I'm looking to get a pretty serious system so I'm not so much looking for cheap..... I'm looking for quality.

Old 06-14-2006, 08:17 PM

JL makes good subs. I've heard there speakers, and i'm not too impressed. There amps are all right, but I would look into Apline, Kicker, and even eclipse. But as far as Clarion, they make good decks and thats about it.

Old 06-14-2006, 09:25 PM

Audiobahn makes good amps. they run all the way from just your basic subs and amps, up to competition grade audio equipment. They're "Dub Edition" series is a competition series, Class D, fan cooled amps. I actually have an Audiobahn 800W Dub Edition amp I am selling if its something you're interested in. PM me if you want to know anymore details about it!

Quick Reply: amps