Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Audio System Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 08:03 PM
Default Audio System Help

Hi, i'm new here and i just purchased my first civic - its a '98 DX and it's got a "ba-1500" amp in the trunk and two JBL 1000W sub's. It also has a pioneer deh p2900mp deck.

heres what i was wondering:

i want to replace the cab speakers, they sound pretty poor and i'm already halfway there with the amp and subs anyways. but: do i need to re-route the new ones thru the amp? does anyone know if it has enough power to support the 4 cabin speakers? & how big of a deal would it be to run all that wiring through the car? do you have to pull the floormats up and all and tuck it in?

also, what's the best.. value brand of speakers?

Thanks, any help/ insight is appreciated!

I've also ordered some actuators and a security system because the previous owner pulled the old security system out for a remote starter... on a 5spd... that you leave in 1st when you park... haha someone didnt think that through all the way. So i will be installing that and looking to throw some speakers in around that time too.

Old 07-04-2011, 10:17 AM

That amp is a MONO amp. 1 channel output, no good for anything but subs.

Wiring through the car aint tough, but tapping into the molex to get the wires into the doors is a PITA.

Old 07-31-2011, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by crazyinnyc
That amp is a MONO amp. 1 channel output, no good for anything but subs.

Wiring through the car aint tough, but tapping into the molex to get the wires into the doors is a PITA.
i got a audiobahn 1600 watt amp 2channel but bridged to one. you want to go with a amp that has more then the rms. but not to much to blow them. Remember it mainly bases off you stereo. if you set up your stereo right your amp doesnt have to be a real high watts. i got a power acoustik 4333NR in-dash that rocks man. And remember if a subwoofer is rated like 500-1000 watt rms. divide the rms by half and thats the true rms to push that sub. and if u got two subs add the rms together and divide by two. and their u go. always do it like that. and make sure u wire ur subs right. i dont know how many times someone came to my shop sayn they blow their amp cause they didnt wire them right. or the subs were lower ohms then the amp can handle.