Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Battery Light Warning

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 05:19 PM
HCF Member

sorry if i bring up this old thread.. but im sure this will help out people Alot...

had the same problem happend to my car... i had a k in my car before, swapped it out to a b16 got everything done started up with no problem.. k next day i drove it out for awhile.. i mean i went everywhere...it was still doing fine.. until all of a sudden my car starts bogging out becuase of the low battery.. speedo was jumping like crazy as if the alternator was bad... got home by push starting it LOL... good thing the battery still got just enough juice to get me to where i live.. gave it a good charge drove it to autozone. got the battery tested it was good, the alternator it was good. at this point i was confused lol didnt kno wat it was and than i decided to see if the ground as the problem since i relocated the battery to the back.. it had one ground and i guess it wasnt too much of a good ground so thats why it wasnt charging the battery.. added another ground and wala there it goes started charging..

****so the point is always check your grounds or add more ground to it.. it will help it alot.. and im talking about the ground from the battery to the chassis not the motor itself

hope this help anybody out there thats having charging problem.. and help you save money from getting a new battery or alternator.. always check ur ground first

Old 12-11-2011, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by jeeptuff
Invest in a multi meter.
I already have a multimeter and shop repair manual, which are tools, but no idea on what/how to test.

Someone once gave me a hammer and a home depot book, then asked me to build a house for them