Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Bose Speakers in a 2002 4 door Civic

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 09:32 PM
Default Bose Speakers in a 2002 4 door Civic

The front speakers located in the doors vibrate with every song. Both of the front door side speakers has been replaced with a stock Honda speaker from the dealership. Question #1. Does Bose make a speaker that can fit in place of the stock speaker? Question #2. If not, how I persuade them to make a speaker to fit in the '02 civic? Bose is an awesome sound system maker and there stuff is pretty reliable.

Old 12-06-2008, 06:01 AM
HCF Member

this is from the bose's website

a. If my car's manufacturer doesn't offer a Bose system as an option?
b. If my car's manufacturer offers a Bose system as an option, but I didn't get it when I bought the car?
No, in both cases. Bose does not offer audio systems or parts for aftermarket sale in the US because we would be unable to assure the high level of audio performance for which we are recognized. Each of our automotive sound systems is engineered as part of the car itself and installed on the car manufacturer's assembly line. The system's elements become part of the automobile. And, most importantly, special acoustic checks and balances are performed to ensure that the sound quality meets our standards. This level of custom engineering is not possible with aftermarket parts.

you can try on ebay..where people sell speakers that they took out of there cars..but you never know the condition they in..mostly all of em look used..

Old 12-06-2008, 06:44 AM
HCF Member

Bose makes terrible speakers. Bose has the best marketing of any company in the history of electronics.
Bose cuts out difficult to manufacture frequencys and ultimately to your normal listener who doesnt know a thing about audio (home or car) the listener is left with a O wow that sounds so clear.... little does he know that half of the song is missing.

Do some research - nobody likes bose who knows audio

Old 12-06-2008, 10:52 PM
HCF Member

What ^^^^ said.

To the OP, have you ever seen a Bose speaker out of a vehicle? Trust me, if/when you do, you will wonder why in the hell you ever spent so much money for the Bose "premium" sound system.

One of the disadvantages to the Bose system is that they use the cheapest driver possible and EQ the hell out of it. Another problem with Bose setups is that they are semi-engineered to sound "good" in the vehicle that came equipped with the Bose system.

Here is a phrase to remember: "No highs, no lows, must be Bose."

Old 12-07-2008, 12:02 AM
HCF Member

Bose = crap

Old 12-07-2008, 02:14 AM
HCF Member

Go to www.crutchfield.com and put your car make/year and it will give you only the options that will fit your car. Also they will include any extra hardware if needed to do the install. I would pick up some nice alpines if I were you, I love mine. If they still make your door rattle just dynomat the inside and that should solve the problem.