Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Honda Civic 2002 LX driver side door issue: door not unlocking with keyless entry

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 08:52 AM
Default Honda Civic 2002 LX driver side door issue: door not unlocking with keyless entry

Hi,

My Honda Civic 2002 is having some issues related to driver side door. The doors doesn't get locked through keyless entry and I've to use the key to lock/unlock it. When standing near the driver side and activating the un/lock via remote,it seems that parking lights flash. Also, I'm finding it difficult to un/lock using the manual locking lever. The passenger side door is fine and I can use manual locking lever on it.

2. The next day after the lock/unlock issue happened, the driver side window started giving trouble while trying to roll up all the way. The window was rolling down perfectly but while rolling up, it appeared as if it is getting jammed somewhere. Then, after some time, it rolled all the way up.

Can someone advise if this is a lube issue as it has started happening on driver side door only? If someone has experienced the same symptoms before with their car, and the issue got resolved, please let me know.

And any idea on how much money I've to shell out to have this get fixed by a mechanic.

Thanks